Re: OTRSP Protocol Setup

Matt Murphy

Successfully installed and working with N1MM+. Thanks everyone.

73,
Matt NQ6N

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 6:29 PM, Matt Murphy <matt@...> wrote:
Thanks for the tip about VSP Manager. I've emailed K5FR.

73

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 6:08 PM, ve9aa@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Matt,

VSP manager is free to hams from K5FR. Contact him for downloading instructions.

That's what I use for controlling my YCCC SO2R+ box.

Mike VE9AA

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., wrote :

Steve,

Out of curiosity, why won't N1MM support named pipes?  Just asking with respect to technology / tradeoffs, not complaining about features/prioritization.

VSP appears to cost $99. Before I purchase a copy, is anyone aware of a cheaper licensing option?

On an unrelated note, is there a way to send arbitrary hex or ascii to an arbitrary serial port using an N1MM+ macro, ignoring active/inactive status, etc., but possibly useful for other applications. Similarly, a macro to make a GET request on a URL would be pretty cool.

73,
Matt NQ6N

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 3:30 PM, Steve London n2ic@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...m> wrote:

Larry misspoke.

You set up a virtual serial port connection pair between N1MM+ and the
YCCC SO2R, just as outlined in the YCCC SO2R box manual. N1MM+ does not,
and will not, support a named pipe.

VSP Manager works very well for setting up the serial port connection pair.

73,
Steve, N2IC