From: N1MMLoggerplus@... [mailto:N1MMLoggerplus@...]
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2016 8:13 AM
To: N1MMLoggerplus@...
Subject: [N1MMLoggerplus] Digest Number 2137

15 Messages

Digest #2137

1a

Re: [RTTY] QTC Issues by "Thom" <mailto:ki8w@...> ki8w@...

1b

Re: [RTTY] QTC Issues by rich_ve3ki

1c

Re: [RTTY] QTC Issues by "Rick Ellison" n2amg

1d

Re: [RTTY] QTC Issues by "Pete Smith N4ZR" n4zr

2a

Re: How to split audio left and right ear SO2R? by "John Bednar" johnk3ct

3a

Re: Can't update CH file by rich_ve3ki

3b

Re: Can't update CH file by vytenis_ly5t

4a

More on my QTC Issues by " <mailto:@GU0SUP> @GU0SUP" gu0sup

4b

Re: More on my QTC Issues by rich_ve3ki

4c

Re: More on my QTC Issues by " <mailto:@GU0SUP> @GU0SUP" gu0sup

5a

1.0.5978 by <mailto:@NG7O> @NG7O

5b

Re: 1.0.5978 by "Ted Bryant" ted_w4nz

6a

Another QTC issue by "GL-DJ3IW-Web"

6b

Re: Another QTC issue by "Rick Ellison" n2amg

7a

Re: QTC issues! by "Osvaldo Gadea" osvaldogadea

Messages

1a

Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:40 am (PST) . Posted by:

<mailto:ki8w@...?subject=Re%3A%20%5BRTTY%5D%20QTC%20Issues> "Thom" ki8w@...

Just finished the WAE for the night and I check my email...WoW more then
100 messages between the RTTY list and the N1MM+ list.

Most about a QTC issue.

I would like to add my experience from today. 2 stations from Europe
were strong and stable enough for me to receive QTC's. So with their
call in my logging window in N1MM+ I open the QTC window and tell the
station I am QRV. He starts to send QTC listings. I click on the
header and it goes well. I them click on the first QTC and immediately
the contact is logged and I cannot click on any more QTC listings. His
messages vanish from the reception window.

This happened twice and I only managed to save and get credit on 1 out
of 20 QTC's.

I have no idea if I am doing anything wrong but I am avoiding all QTC
requests until I get this figured out.

I am thinking right now this may be the 1st and only time I ever do this
contest. I don't need anymore headaches.

The bands suck this weekend too.

73

Thom KI8W

"Proving, this weekend, that I definitely live in the Black Hole of RF."

<mailto:ki8w@...?subject=Re%3A%20%5BRTTY%5D%20QTC%20Issues> Reply to sender . <mailto:N1MMLoggerplus@...?subject=Re%3A%20%5BRTTY%5D%20QTC%20Issues> Reply to group . <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/N1MMLoggerplus/conversations/messages/25475;_ylc=X3oDMTJzZHBxOHJrBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzkwNTMzNjMwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNzE4MQRtc2dJZAMyNTQ3NQRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxNDc5MDQ5OTkw?act=reply&messageNum=25475> Reply via Web Post . <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/N1MMLoggerplus/conversations/topics/25475;_ylc=X3oDMTM4b2tyZXNsBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzkwNTMzNjMwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNzE4MQRtc2dJZAMyNTQ3NQRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxNDc5MDQ5OTkwBHRwY0lkAzI1NDc1> All Messages (4) . Top ^

1b

Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:01 am (PST) . Posted by:

<mailto:ve3ki@...?subject=Re%3A%20%5BRTTY%5D%20QTC%20Issues> rich_ve3ki

I am guessing that maybe you did not actually read those emails about the QTC issue, or at least not carefully enough, because those email threads included not only other reports of the very same problem, but also diagnosis and solution.

As I posted and as verified by the programmer (Rick N2AMG), the solution we found to the freeze-up problem is to open the Digital Setup window and in the lower left corner, change the Window Scroll type to Scrolling and click on the Save Settings button to save the change. Once the window scrolling method is set to Scrolling, the excellent instructions posted by Don AA5AU at <http://www.rttycontesting.com/tutorials/n1mm/operating-wae-rtty-with-n1mm/> should work just fine. Obviously if they don't work right, we'd like to know, but they certainly work well for Don, for me, and for many others.

For future reference - when the digital window freezes, the normally green bar at the left of the text window turns yellow. Clicking on the yellow bar turns it green and un-freezes the display. Unfortunately, if the scrolling method is Non-scrolling, clicking on the very next QTC freezes it again; hence the instruction to switch to Scrolling, where this does not happen. A future version of the code will probably do something like disabling the Non-scrolling method during the WAE contest so that this problem does not recur next year.

One other point - while it is possible to enter or edit QTC data from the keyboard, you must be careful not to use the Enter key (or the right mouse button if it is set to send Enter) while the QTC window is open, unless you are really familiar with which control the keyboard focus is on and what that control will do. If the keyboard focus is not where you think it is or would like it to be, pressing Enter can do dangerous things like deleting a QTC or aborting the QTC session - if that's what you intended, fine, but if not...

---In N1MMLoggerplus@... <mailto:N1MMLoggerplus@...> , <ki8w@... <mailto:ki8w@...> > wrote :

[...]

<mailto:ve3ki@...?subject=Re%3A%20%5BRTTY%5D%20QTC%20Issues> Reply to sender . <mailto:N1MMLoggerplus@...?subject=Re%3A%20%5BRTTY%5D%20QTC%20Issues> Reply to group . <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/N1MMLoggerplus/conversations/messages/25479;_ylc=X3oDMTJzcXBidGtlBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzkwNTMzNjMwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNzE4MQRtc2dJZAMyNTQ3OQRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxNDc5MDQ5OTkw?act=reply&messageNum=25479> Reply via Web Post . <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/N1MMLoggerplus/conversations/topics/25475;_ylc=X3oDMTM4ZTZjdmw0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzkwNTMzNjMwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNzE4MQRtc2dJZAMyNTQ3OQRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxNDc5MDQ5OTkwBHRwY0lkAzI1NDc1> All Messages (4) . Top ^

1c

Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:26 am (PST) . Posted by:

<mailto:rellison@...?subject=Re%3A%20%5BRTTY%5D%20QTC%20Issues> "Rick Ellison" n2amg

Thom..

Im not sure how this would happen as the only time the qtc is logged is if the save button is pressed or the Log button is pressed or clicked on in the entry window. I so far have not see this happen but Will look at how it might happen..

73 Rick N2AMG

[...]

<mailto:rellison@...?subject=Re%3A%20%5BRTTY%5D%20QTC%20Issues> Reply to sender . <mailto:N1MMLoggerplus@...?subject=Re%3A%20%5BRTTY%5D%20QTC%20Issues> Reply to group . <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/N1MMLoggerplus/conversations/messages/25480;_ylc=X3oDMTJzOXU3ajZvBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzkwNTMzNjMwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNzE4MQRtc2dJZAMyNTQ4MARzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxNDc5MDQ5OTkw?act=reply&messageNum=25480> Reply via Web Post . <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/N1MMLoggerplus/conversations/topics/25475;_ylc=X3oDMTM4NWY4aWg2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzkwNTMzNjMwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNzE4MQRtc2dJZAMyNTQ4MARzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxNDc5MDQ5OTkwBHRwY0lkAzI1NDc1> All Messages (4) . Top ^

1d

Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:11 am (PST) . Posted by:

<mailto:n4zr@...?subject=Re%3A%20%5BRTTY%5D%20QTC%20Issues> "Pete Smith N4ZR" n4zr

While you're at it, Thom, read the rest of the messages on this subject,
particularly from K8UT, VE3KI andN2AMG. Lots of folks are using the QTC
feature effectively as we speak.

73, Pete N4ZR
Download the new N1MM Logger+ at
<http://N1MM.hamdocs.com>. Check
out the Reverse Beacon Network at
<http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.

On 11/13/2016 12:14 AM, Thom wrote:
[...]

Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:01 am (PST) . Posted by:

<mailto:k3ct@...?subject=Re%3A%20How%20to%20split%20audio%20left%20and%20right%20ear%20SO2R%3F> "John Bednar" johnk3ct

Kari,

Please include the email thread in your reply.

If you are in SO2R mode, have a protocol selected, and press the ` key, a command is sent to the SOR2 controller.

If you are pressing the correct key, does your SO2R controller support audio switching?

John, K3CT