Re: rtty issue

barry whittemore

Well, mine was set up the correct way,as I had checked that all before. I changed all settings and then put them back and now all is OK. kind of strange but it seems to have recovered

Thanks and 73
Barry
NF1O

The program's internal logging mode is apparently set to PSK instead of RTTY. This might have happened either because the radio was at some point set to DATA A and mode control changed the program's mode to PSK, or because you changed the program's logging mode to PSK by some other means - in either case, the logging mode setting is being remembered, and that in turn is switching the radio to DATA A.

You can change the logging mode by typing RTTY into the call sign box and pressing Enter. You may also be able to change the radio's mode by clicking on the "current radio mode" indicator near the top of the Bandmap window to toggle through the modes; if Mode Control is set to the default, the program logging mode will follow.

This interacts with the Mode Control settings in the Configurer.

On the right-hand side, under "Mode sent to radio":
if you want the radio to be in FSK D for RTTY, set the mode sent to radio for RTTY to RTTY
if you want the radio to be in AFSK A for RTTY, set the mode sent to radio for RTTY to AFSK
if you want the radio to be in DATA A for PSK, set the mode sent to radio for PSK to PSK

On the left-hand side, if the "Mode recorded in log" is set to the default, then when the radio is set to DATA A, the program's logging mode will be set to PSK. When the radio is set to FSK A or AFSK A, the program's logging mode will be set to RTTY. If the "Mode recorded in log" is not set to the default, then the program might be switching to PSK mode because of the Mode Category in the contest setup.

In the Contest Setup under Mode Category, use RTTY for an RTTY-only contest. DIGITAL is used for PSK contests, or for contests in which you want to be able to use both RTTY and PSK, in which case it is up to you to make sure the current logging mode is correct (by typing it into the Entry window).

73m
Rich VE3KI

Join N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.