From: N1MMLoggerplus@... [mailto:N1MMLoggerplus@...]
Sent: Thursday, August 4, 2016 5:18 PM
To: N1MMLoggerplus@...
Subject: [N1MMLoggerplus] Re: WAE QTCs non-European

VE9AA said: "So, has anyone else in a non EU country tested the latest version and cfm'd like Dennis and I have that it seems to be working correctly?"

I've also tried it out with rev 5831 and only noted a few minor issues, none of which I would consider a show stopper:

1. One can hang up the Enter key using the methods Dennis mentioned. Clicking on the send (or other) button with the mouse gets it running again.

2. There is no way to cancel the last record sent when sending qtcs. eg) The receiving station gives up after a qtc was sent. At this point, the qtc has already been logged. At first I thought exiting through "Cancel" would delete the last record, but it doesn't and the un-received last qtc needs to be manually deleted from the log. After the qtc is deleted, that qso is once again available for resending, so nothing is lost.

3. With all this nice automation, I don't know if there is a way to send qtcs with paddles and get them logged.

> Gerald, VE1DT

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., <ve9aa@...> wrote :

I played around with this a little last night using the version on MM+ built about a week or so ago (ie: not the very latest version) and I could not get it to fail.  Seemed to work fine.

I am a little tentative about upgrading.

Last year I lost a few dozen Q's (was partially my fault for using non-traditional F key messages I found out later) but I left some folks hanging for more QTC's at the end of the contest, as the program would not send the last QTC's owed to folks.

This year I'd rather not give away any score if I can help it.

So, has anyone else in a non EU country tested the latest version and cfm'd like Dennis and I have that it seems to be working correctly?

Thanks

Mike VE9AA

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., <egan.dennis88@...> wrote :

I played around with this a little bit this morning.  Using Win 7 Pro x64.

I could not get the ENTER key to not work, except in one case.

If I opened the SETUP for the QTC window, then closed it, the Enter key would not work.

If I used the mouse to click the "SND 1" button, the first QTC would send, the SND 2 button would turn green, and the ENTER key would then send the next QTC and subsequent QTCs when I pushed it.  Clicking anywhere in the QTC Window would not do it; I had to click on one of the message buttons.

If I put the computer focus on another program- like, writing this emal- then returned the focus to the N1MM+ EW, the ENTER key would not send the next QTC.  If I clicked anywhere in the QTC Window, the ENTER key would again work.

A couple of things that I couldn't find in the documentation:

Looking at the CW Setup of the QTC window, it looks like all the check boxes are for stations receiving QTCs, i.e. Europeans.  Stations outside Europe should uncheck all the boxes.

At the bottom of the QTC CW Setup tab there is a box for "TU Message to send on Exit:" For a non-European, If you don't put anything in here, when you finish the QTC sending the window will close and nothing will be sent.  You can put a customized message here, anything you want, and it will be sent when the QTC Window closes, or you can put {F3} and the program will send your normal F3 message when the QTC Window closes.

Dennis W1UE

Posted by: gbyahoo@...

Reply to sender

Reply to group

Start a New Topic

Messages in this topic (4)

Get the beautifully designed, lighting fast, and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail today. Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Visit Your Group

·         New Members 14

.