From: N1MMLoggerplus@... [mailto:N1MMLoggerplus@...]
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2016 9:01 PM
To: N1MMLoggerplus@...
Subject: [N1MMLoggerplus] Re: MVARI Does Not Key the K3

I use COM 1 to key MMTTY FSK on VFO A and COM 2 to key MMTTY FSK on VFO B using two separate keying circuits to the K3.

Using the suggestion to use the serial port, I selected in Config COM 1 and put a check next to it. Then a check in digi next in the digi column. DTR is Always Off and RTS is PTT.

This setup does not key MVARI. It opens a window saying:

“One of the configured Digital Ports does not have a Digital Interface associated with it. This will cause unexpected results when using the digital interface. To correct this click Setup for each digital port and select the digital window number that this port will be associated with.” How do I do what it says?

If I instead put a check in the cw/other column with DTR Always On and RTS PTT  I get proper keying of MVARI but no diddles in MMTTY FSK ( it’s on solid). Same if I change DTR to Always Off. This is not a useful solution.

What am I doing wrong?

73,

Bud W3LL

2a

Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:22 am (PDT) . Posted by:

rich_ve3ki

There are several possible methods, each with its own advantages and drawbacks.

With a K3 in DATA A the easiest way to trigger PTT is VOX. This is of course independent of the digital engine, and if you are using AFSK A for RTTY, it will also work there, but not in FSK.

If you want to use program PTT control, MMVARI is unlike MMTTY and fldigi in that there is no provision for configuring PTT control within the digital engine itself, it has to be done from N1MM+. Using PTT control from N1MM+ instead of the digital engine is optional with the other engines, but mandatory with MMVARI.

If you have a Winkeyer connected, you can use PTT from that in any mode, although if you don't want PTT in some modes (e.g. CW) you may have to plug and unplug the PTT cable from the Winkeyer when you change modes. Similarly for PTT on RTS on the radio control port, except that enabling and disabling this method involves a configuration change either in the program or on the radio.

You can use PTT via Radio Command Digital Mode; note that this will apply to all digital modes and interface engines, not just MMVARI.

If you are doing PTT on a serial port from MMTTY or fldigi, you can extend that to MMVARI by configuring that COM port in the Configurer, checking the Digital check box, and selecting PTT for either DTR or RTS depending on how the interface is wired or configured. With MMVARI, N1MM+ will use the method configured in the Configurer; with other digital engines, that same serial port can be configured within the digital engine.

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., <w3ll@...> wrote :

I can’t find how to set PTT in MVARI. Where is this configured?

When I key MVARI TX I hear the audio but no K3 keying.

The K3 is in DATA A.

Any suggestions?

73,

Bud W3LL

Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:19 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Joe Subich, W4TV" k4ik

> If you want to use program PTT control, MMVARI is unlike MMTTY and
> fldigi in that there is no provision for configuring PTT control
> within the digital engine itself, it has to be done from N1MM+. Using
> PTT control from N1MM+ instead of the digital engine is optional with
> the other engines, but mandatory with MMVARI.

If you configure MMVARI for *FSK*, the FSK DLL (either FSK8250 or
EXTFSK) will assert PTT on the RTS line of the FSK port (just like
ExTFSK in MMTTY).

73,

... Joe, W4TV