Re: Band plan spot different from rig fequency

Rick Ellison

Looking at all of the other calculations that are set by the program equal 55hz.

That should say none of the calculations set by the program equal 55hz. The most common calculation is 85hz.

73 Rick n2AMG

Sent: Wednesday, April 6, 2016 1:45 PM
To: N1MMLoggerplus@...
Subject: RE: [N1MMLoggerplus] Band plan spot different from rig fequency

Peter..

I have been trying to figure where an offset of 55hz would come from. None of the program offsets would equal 55hz. So my conclusion is :

A.      On the digital setup window do you have Shift Compensation enabled and have set a value of 55hz??

B.      Your radio is off frequency by 55hz.

Looking at all of the other calculations that are set by the program equal 55hz. 85hz is a common one for centering the audio frequency on the correct frequency but not 55hz..

73 Rick N2AMG

Sent: Wednesday, April 6, 2016 7:15 AM
To: N1MMLoggerplus@...
Subject: [N1MMLoggerplus] Band plan spot different from rig fequency

During the EA Rtty contest last weekend, I came accross a very frustrating situation. While I undestand fully that the digital interface window is the mark frequency and the rig shows the carrier frequncy; however, when I select a station spotted on the band plan, it shifts my rig to approx. 55hz too high. In other words I have to then tune down by about 55Hz to find the station. Can this be compensated for some how? I am running afsk in lsb data mode and have selected the "Turn auto trxupdate on" from the setup menu.
Yours sincerely,
Peter Thomas oh2euu

Join N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.