From: N1MMLoggerplus@... [mailto:N1MMLoggerplus@...]
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 12:41 PM
To: N1MMLoggerplus@...
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerplus] Help {TIME2} please

Thanks, but that makes no difference.

With {TIME2} included in the Contest / Sent Exchange definition, but not in the exchange key definition, what happens is as follows:

With no call in the data entry window the exchange is sent with time 0000.  The number of times time 0000 is sent directly corresponds to the number of instances of {TIME2} in the exchange definition.  The fact that time 0000 is sent confirms there was nothing wrong with typing {TIME2}.

With a call included in the data entry window the time is not included in the sent exchange.  No 0000, no valid time, nothing!

However,  if {TIME2} is also included in the exchange key definition, then time is sent twice  for each instance of {TIME2} in the exchange key definition.

If {TIME2) is included twice in the Contest / Sent Exchange definition then time is sent 3 times for each instance of {TIME2} in the exchange key definition.

In case it males any difference this test was conducted with the DI window open and fldigi as the RTTY engine.

I am aware that if I follow the recommended contest setup that time is sent correctly.

73,
Andy k3wyc

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., <w7why@...> wrote :

Change the {exch} to 001 in the setup and see what that does.

Also make sure that you don't have a paren instead of a bracket around {time2}  73

Tom W7WHY

On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 3:10 PM, a.durbin@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...> wrote:

I'm attempting to use {TIME2} for BARTG contest but I don't understand what is is doing.

I want to send 599 serial time serial time my_call

If I define the exchange key as:

Exch,{TX}{ENTER} 599 {EXCH} {TIME2} {EXCH} {TIME2} {MYCALL} {RX}

then what is sent is

599 serial time time serial time time k3wyc/7

If I define the exchange key as

Exch,{TX}{ENTER} 599 {EXCH} {EXCH} {TIME2} {MYCALL} {RX}

then what is sent is

599 serial time serial time time k3wyc/7

What construct do I need to send "serial time serial time"?

Thanks and 73,

Andy k3wyc