Re: K3 will not send CW [1 Attachment]

ve3ki@...

Not necessarily. If you set the K3's CONFIG:PTT-KEY to RTS-DTR, you should be able to have the computer control PTT on RTS and CW on DTR, both on the radio control port, in which case you won't need VOX or QSK. On the other hand, if you prefer QSK or semi-breakin to computer-controlled PTT, you should set CONFIG:PTT-KEY to OFF-DTR and turn on VOX on the K3.

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., <k6dgw@...> wrote :

And, if you do that, I think you'll need VOX on in the K3. I did when I
was keying with the RS-232 control lines.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the Cal QSO Party 1-2 Oct 2016