From: N1MMLoggerplus@... [mailto:N1MMLoggerplus@...]
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2015 13:05
To: N1MMLoggerplus@...
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerplus] Re: Bandmap data externally accessible?

Thanks Steve!  I assume then that Logger and the SDR would each maintain their own spot database and paint their bandmap from their respective database.  Would it ever make sense for the external software to have read access to the Logger database instead of maintaining its own database?

73, Barry N1EU

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 12:45 PM, Steve London n2ic@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...> wrote:

Technically, what you want can be done by sending UDP messages with
bandmap information to another program running on the same or different
computer. On a crowded bandmap, there could be a performance hit for
N1MM+. Don't forget, not only would we have to indicate that there is a
new call on the bandmap, but also have to indicate when a call is
removed from the bandmap. Before considering implementing this, I would
like to see a commitment from panadapter vendors to actually implement
the N1MM+ bandmap information to give users a display that is more
useful than just marking the callsigns with the blips - such as the
color-coding N1MM+ provides in the bandmap and available window to
indicate the dupe/multiplier status of the call.

73,
Steve, N2IC