Re: Bandmap data externally accessible?

Fred - NA2U

This could also be beneficial in assisted class.

73,

Fred/NA2U

On Nov 16, 2015, at 8:44 AM, Barry N1EU n1eu.barry@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...> wrote:

I just wanted to add that the principal interest of mine is to use
such a system for UNassisted operation. I want to be able to "paint"
the panadapter display with stations I've already worked and then tune
for new stations via the signal traces on the panadapter display. If
I was operating assisted, I would just tune via the spots/conventional
N1MM bandmap - for cw, virtually every workable signal is already
being spotted via RBN (filtered for geographically local nodes) so
signal traces are much less useful for finding workable stations.

73, Barry N1EU

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 9:43 AM, Barry N1EU <n1eu.barry@...> wrote:
Let me say up front that I am NOT a programmer.

There's been a perennial discussion among SDR users (that contest) about
implementing a bandmap overlay on top of their panadapter display. This has
once again been recently discussed on the Flex and Apache Labs forum.
Roughly speaking, the result might look something like this:
http://www.tentecwiki.org/lib/exe/fetch.php?cache=&media=orionpan3.jpg which
is a shot of NaP3's overlaid bandmap using its internal telnet cluster
connection.

To make such a feature truly useful, the bandmap that is overlaid should
really have all the info of the Logger+ bandmap, i.e. with font indicating
worked/unworked, mults etc. I'm wondering how feasible this might be. Is
the Logger+ bandmap data currently accessible or are there talks to make it
accessible going forward, etc? Maybe I'm asking the wrong question. But a
panadapter display with an overlaid Logger+ bandmap would be killer for
contesting.

Thanks & 73,
Barry N1EU

Posted by: Barry N1EU <n1eu.barry@...>