Re: Bandmap data externally accessible?

Steve London

Technically, what you want can be done by sending UDP messages with bandmap information to another program running on the same or different computer. On a crowded bandmap, there could be a performance hit for N1MM+. Don't forget, not only would we have to indicate that there is a new call on the bandmap, but also have to indicate when a call is removed from the bandmap. Before considering implementing this, I would like to see a commitment from panadapter vendors to actually implement the N1MM+ bandmap information to give users a display that is more useful than just marking the callsigns with the blips - such as the color-coding N1MM+ provides in the bandmap and available window to indicate the dupe/multiplier status of the call.

73,
Steve, N2IC

On 11/16/2015 10:28 AM, Barry N1EU n1eu.barry@... [N1MMLoggerplus] wrote:
CW Skimmer is not allowed for unassisted contesting. I'm talking about
tuning the band with a panadapter-centric SDR type radio as an
unassisted contest participant. Having the bandmap overlay the
panadapter would be a game changer in terms of seeking stations to
work. Folks need to understand that a bandmap is a critical tool for
unassisted contesting and not just a visual display of cluster spots for
assisted contesters.

73, Barry N1EU

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 12:10 PM, n7un.guy@...
<mailto:n7un.guy@...> [N1MMLoggerplus]