Re: Winkey PTT momentary dropout

Joe WB9SBD

No , Sorry I am "NOT" having any of the problems of the drop outs even with hang times all set to zero,

And the WinKey IS controlling both CW as well as SSB PTT, The VOX on this old rig  does not function, so it's foot switch when I speak with the mic, or win key controlling the PTT ( same connection in the rear jack)

Joe WB9SBD

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com

On 11/10/2015 9:58 AM, gbyahoo@... [N1MMLoggerplus] wrote:
Dave et al,

From what I am hearing that yourself, Barry (N1EU) and Joe (WB9SBD) all are seeing this particular problem.

What appears to be common is that you have Winkey with Winkey delay settings set to 0. Yet, this was working fine with no drop outs, even if you string together a bunch of spaces.

To me, that sounds like you are NOT using Winkey for PTT. So, what ARE you actually using for PTT?

>> Gerald, VE1DT

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., wrote :

That’s exactly where mine was dropping out – between 59 and AZ!

N2IC’s description of Winkey PTT as more like a VOX doesn’t exactly fit with reality here.  Yesterday I made a macro with “1     2”  That’s five spaces between the 1 and the 2, and PTT did not drop out, even with tail time of zero, which I have been using for a couple of years.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2015 5:40 AM
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerplus] Re: Winkey PTT momentary dropout

My Winkey was dropping PTT in RUN mode in the middle of my EXCH, between "65" and "ENY".  I'll fiddle with the Winkey settings but I don't remember ever experiencing that before in a contest.

73, Barry N1EU

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 8:51 PM, ve3ki@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...> wrote:

Some things to look for: Did that only happen in run mode, or also in S&P? Was the dropout perhaps between F5 and F2 in run mode? That might help pin it down.

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., wrote :

I noticed during SS that my Winkey PTT was momentarily dropping
out when I was sending my exchange. To get around the issue
during the contest, I just turned on VOX. Experimenting with it
today, I see that if I increase the Winkey Tail Time setting to
7, the PTT dropout no longer occurs. That setting had been zero
during the contest. I'll just leave it as 7, but I think
something has changed. My exchange macro is just the usual # U *
59 AZ. N1MM version is 5289.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ