Re: Garbled SS exchange message

Irwin Darack

Setting the com port Latency to 1 ms seems to have solved the problem.

I would recommend this to everyone who has a new k3S since it uses the USB interface built in.

Thanks, Irwin

Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2015 6:33 AM
To: N1MMLoggerplus@...
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerplus] Garbled SS exchange message

John,

Thanks. 

My computer is running Win 10 and this was an upgrade from Win 7.  No other programs were running at the time. 

See you tonight.

Irwin

On Tuesday, November 10, 2015, 'John Bednar' k3ct@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...> wrote:

Irwin,

There are USB to COM converters that have unpredictable or uncontrollable latency. Use this article, let us know where the latency is currently set. If necessary, change it to 1ms.

http://knowledge.digi.com/articles/Knowledge_Base_Article/Optimizing-USB-to-serial-port-settings

Describe your computer (CPU speed & type, memory).
Is Windows the native OS?

Were you running any other software on this computer at the same time?

John, K3CT

Sent: Monday, November 09, 2015 6:38 AM

John,

Keying CW straight from my computer to my Elecraft K3S. No intermediate device. I am using the sound card and USB interface  built into the new K3S. I am not sure if this is the problem as its the first time I have used the new radio in a CW contest. My old radio was a K3. For some reason N1MM+ would send a garbled letter. It could be a timing a effect between my computer and the K3S? 

Operating system is a Win 10. 

Irwin KD3TB

On Monday, November 9, 2015, 'John Bednar' k3ct@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...> wrote:

Irwin & Steve,

What are you guys using to send CW?

If a WinKey, tell us the type (genuine K1EL WinKey, 3rd party, etc).

John, K3CT

Sent: Sunday, November 08, 2015 10:17 AM

I have a few hundred contacts in the SS CW. In perhaps four instances the 5 was dropped from my check of 65.

Steve, K8JQ

On 11/7/2015 11:07 PM, Irwin Darack idarack@... [N1MMLoggerplus] wrote:

Bud,

I have noticed that N1MM+ is having problems with sending CW. I replaced {MYCALL} with my actual call in the macro and this seemed to solve the problem. Not sure why this is happening as it has not happened in the past.

Irwin KD3TB

On Sat, Nov 7, 2015 at 7:04 PM, Tom Wagner tfwagner@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...> wrote:

Try # B {MYCALL} 70 EPA

On 11/7/2015 6:46 PM, aa3b.bud@... [N1MMLoggerplus] wrote:

I am having an intermittent but frequent issue with the "Run" exchange message in SSCW.

My F2 exchange message is as follows: {#} B {MYCALL} 70 EPA

The message transmits ok through 70, but then gets garbled.  The typical garbled character stream is 70 0 E which is shown in the logging window.

N1MM+ Logger plus V1.0.5289.0
Windows 10
MK2R+
IC7800

I have only seen the problem on the "RUN" exchange message.  All others are ok so far.

Any help?

73, Bud AA3B

--

Irwin KD3TB

--
Irwin KD3TB

--
Irwin KD3TB

Join N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.