Re: Winkey PTT momentary dropout

Joe WB9SBD

Iagree on the "Not" like VOX also.

I have all the settings set to zero, or as small as allowed, and have sometimes added a lot of spaces between parts of an exchange, it would never drop out in the string. But as soo as it is done sending the I in the "WI" of the exchange it is instantly back to receive. And I mean INSTANTLY. Full break in isn't much faster. dit dit drop.
Same for the wav files in SSB It stays in transmit for as long as the WAV file is playing. When making the wav file if I am slow on the stop recording and have 2 seconds of "Dead Air" on the end of the message, the transmitter stays on during this dead air too so after trimming so it is as short as possible.  Exactly the same thing, as soon as the wav file is done, the transmitter is done.

Joe WB9SBD

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com

On 11/10/2015 8:13 AM, 'Dave Hachadorian' k6ll.dave@... [N1MMLoggerplus] wrote:
That’s exactly where mine was dropping out – between 59 and AZ!

N2IC’s description of Winkey PTT as more like a VOX doesn’t exactly fit with reality here.  Yesterday I made a macro with “1     2”  That’s five spaces between the 1 and the 2, and PTT did not drop out, even with tail time of zero, which I have been using for a couple of years.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2015 5:40 AM
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerplus] Re: Winkey PTT momentary dropout

My Winkey was dropping PTT in RUN mode in the middle of my EXCH, between "65" and "ENY".  I'll fiddle with the Winkey settings but I don't remember ever experiencing that before in a contest.

73, Barry N1EU

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 8:51 PM, ve3ki@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...> wrote:

Some things to look for: Did that only happen in run mode, or also in S&P? Was the dropout perhaps between F5 and F2 in run mode? That might help pin it down.

Rich VE3KI

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., wrote :

I noticed during SS that my Winkey PTT was momentarily dropping
out when I was sending my exchange. To get around the issue
during the contest, I just turned on VOX. Experimenting with it
today, I see that if I increase the Winkey Tail Time setting to
7, the PTT dropout no longer occurs. That setting had been zero
during the contest. I'll just leave it as 7, but I think
something has changed. My exchange macro is just the usual # U *
59 AZ. N1MM version is 5289.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

Join N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.