Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com

On 11/10/2015 8:13 AM, 'Dave Hachadorian' k6ll.dave@... [N1MMLoggerplus] wrote:
That’s exactly where mine was dropping out – between 59 and AZ!

N2IC’s description of Winkey PTT as more like a VOX doesn’t exactly fit with reality here.  Yesterday I made a macro with “1     2”  That’s five spaces between the 1 and the 2, and PTT did not drop out, even with tail time of zero, which I have been using for a couple of years.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2015 5:40 AM
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerplus] Re: Winkey PTT momentary dropout

My Winkey was dropping PTT in RUN mode in the middle of my EXCH, between "65" and "ENY".  I'll fiddle with the Winkey settings but I don't remember ever experiencing that before in a contest.

73, Barry N1EU

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 8:51 PM, ve3ki@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...> wrote:

Some things to look for: Did that only happen in run mode, or also in S&P? Was the dropout perhaps between F5 and F2 in run mode? That might help pin it down.

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., wrote :

I noticed during SS that my Winkey PTT was momentarily dropping
out when I was sending my exchange. To get around the issue
during the contest, I just turned on VOX. Experimenting with it
today, I see that if I increase the Winkey Tail Time setting to
7, the PTT dropout no longer occurs. That setting had been zero
during the contest. I'll just leave it as 7, but I think
something has changed. My exchange macro is just the usual # U *
59 AZ. N1MM version is 5289.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ