Re: Winkey PTT momentary dropout

Joe Subich, W4TV

If one is using a microHAM "keyer", enable the "Winkey communication
log" (Winkey port -> Mon) and capture data between the application
and Winkey. That data can be examined for inappropriate "PTT OFF"
commands ... (it is already annotated and contains a running time
stamp in milliseconds).

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 11/10/2015 9:19 AM, Steve London n2ic@... [N1MMLoggerplus] wrote:
Could be an internal Winkey buffer issue with the long exchange. If it's
reproducible, you might want to contact K1EL.

73,
Steve, N2IC

On 11/10/2015 07:13 AM, 'Dave Hachadorian' k6ll.dave@...
[N1MMLoggerplus] wrote:
That’s exactly where mine was dropping out – between 59 and AZ!
N2IC’s description of Winkey PTT as more like a VOX doesn’t exactly fit
with reality here. Yesterday I made a macro with “1 2” That’s five
spaces between the 1 and the 2, and PTT did not drop out, even with tail
time of zero, which I have been using for a couple of years.
Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ