Re: Winkey PTT momentary dropout

Barry N1EU

My Winkey was dropping PTT in RUN mode in the middle of my EXCH, between "65" and "ENY".  I'll fiddle with the Winkey settings but I don't remember ever experiencing that before in a contest.

73, Barry N1EU

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 8:51 PM, ve3ki@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...> wrote:

Some things to look for: Did that only happen in run mode, or also in S&P? Was the dropout perhaps between F5 and F2 in run mode? That might help pin it down.

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., wrote :

I noticed during SS that my Winkey PTT was momentarily dropping
out when I was sending my exchange. To get around the issue
during the contest, I just turned on VOX. Experimenting with it
today, I see that if I increase the Winkey Tail Time setting to
7, the PTT dropout no longer occurs. That setting had been zero
during the contest. I'll just leave it as 7, but I think
something has changed. My exchange macro is just the usual # U *
59 AZ. N1MM version is 5289.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ