Re: WAE + CTRL-Z

Rick Ellison

This will have to be talked about AFTER WAE RTTY. It is too close to the contest to redo an important piece of code like that routine.. That will not happen before the contest..

73 Rick N2AMG

From: N1MMLoggerplus@... [mailto:N1MMLoggerplus@...]
Sent: Thursday, November 5, 2015 12:23 PM
To: N1MMLoggerplus@...
Subject: [N1MMLoggerplus] Re: WAE + CTRL-Z

Hi Goetz.
First of all I don't have all that experience as you with the WAE RTTY.
But it seems to me that by now the CTRL-work like

0 ) whenever the CTRL-Z combination is striked
1 ) it use, to validate the QTC exchange routine start, the current valid call or it retrieve the last valid call from somewhere (log) and place it into the leftmost field of the main input windows field, the call field
2 ) if there is, into the call field, a valid call, the initial CTRL-Z, open the RQTC windows
3 ) a further stroke on CTRL-Z will change the window to SQTC, and give to it the Windows focus
4 ) another, that's the third stroke, of CTRL-Z, still with the Windows engaged on it, will in order ...
4.a) close the SQTC
4.b) clean the valid call field
5) a further, now the fourth, stroke on CTRL-Z will restart at point 1

So, to me, it already seems as you suggested, with some more more - automated phases - in between: 4.a, 4.b and 1. BTW in a repeated start the RTQC initial routine will recover the last call last valid call from somewhere (log?) and place it into the call field. No way to save any flying call, NIL, you have written and then automatically deleted from the call field.

I don't see as having an "engaged until getting out with some key" RQTC/SQTC switch over forever would help. If not, but marginally prevent the deletion of any valid call you had manually entered in the devoted field.

A solution, as you proposed Goetz, is to have a change like ...
0 ) whenever the CTRL-Z combination is striked
1 ) it use, to validate the QTC exchange routine start, the current valid call or it retrieve the last valid call from somewhere (log) and place it into the leftmost field of the main input windows field, the call field
2 ) if there is, into the call field, a valid call, the initial CTRL-Z, open the RQTC windows
3 ) a further stroke on CTRL-Z will change the window to SQTC, and give to it the Windows focus
4 ) another, that's the third stroke, of CTRL-Z, still with the Windows engaged on it, will get back on RTQC
5 ) a further, now the fourth, stroke on CTRL-Z will close the RQTC window

5.a) close the RQTC
5.b) clean the valid call field - still loose the manually
(Changes are from the 4th point.)

> But then I would prefer a menu choice to enable or disable this further step. Not everybody would need it.<
As you sad Goetz, several of us goes too early to SQTC and may have difficulties to get back on RQTC when the call is not the last in the log. Just forgetting to retype or click on it.

When the desired call is the last one of the the log this wouldn't needed.

Just mumbling around it. Hope to be on target.

           73 de iw1ayd Salvo

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., <gl-dj3iw@...> wrote :

Hello,

after doing more tests - N1MM+ version 1.0.5289.0 - with my friend DM5TI we
have a question about the function of CTRL-Z (or {DIGQTCR}/{DIGQTCS}). Would
it be possible to extend CTRL-Z so that it toggles RQTC then SQTC and then
back to RQTC (and agn SQTC and so on) and the same with the {DIGQTCx}? Our
many years WAE RTTY experience tells us that quite often one is in SQTC but
the other station starts sending his QTC. So one needs a quick way to go
into RQTC to catch the other guys stuff. One more CTRL-Z could do that.

73 de Goetz DJ3IW