Re: Flex Smart SDR and N1MM+ during CQ WW DX SSB

John Bednar

Kent,

Yes.

You have told the program that you always want the second receiver to be On. It’s trying to make the second receiver active by including the necessary commands when the radio frequency changes. This option was Off initially.

If you are only making use of one receiver slice, you could consider switching to SO1V mode and closing the second slice.

Flex specific SO2V information can be found in the Logger+ manual. Use the Entry Window Help menu to open the manual Index. Select Supported Radios, Flex 6000 Series.

John, K3CT

Sent: Friday, October 30, 2015 4:31 PM
To: N1MMLoggerplus@...
Subject: Re: Re: [N1MMLoggerplus] Flex Smart SDR and N1MM+ during CQ WW DX SSB

John

I guess I am a bit confused about this. If I uncheck "Sub Receiver Always On" that will leave the B slice muted when I do something with the A slice??

Kent

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 12:39 PM, John Bednar k3ct@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...> wrote:

Kent,

It seems like the program is doing what you selected. "Sub Receiver Always On"

John, K3CT

On 10/30/15, Kent Olsen kilo6dko@... [N1MMLoggerplus] wrote:

SO2V
Config, Sub Receiver Always On checked is checked

Thanks

Kent

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 7:49 AM, k3ct k3ct@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...> wrote:

Kent,

I asked four questions, you answered two. Can you answer the others?

John, K3CT

-------- Original message --------
From: "Kent Olsen kilo6dko@... [N1MMLoggerplus]" <N1MMLoggerplus@...>
Date: 10/30/2015 10:16 AM (GMT-05:00)
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerplus] Flex Smart SDR and N1MM+ during CQ WW DX SSB

John

I am using SSDR 1.5.1.152

N1MM+ Was the latest version on that weekend. It has since updated again to 1.0.5264.0. I have confirmed that is still happens in this version.

Thanks

Kent

NC6B

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 2:17 AM, 'John Bednar' k3ct@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...> wrote:

Kent,

There was a change in SmartSDR after Dayton for an unmuting report. What version of SmartSDR are you using?

Are you selecting SO1V, SO2V, or SO2R?

Do you have Config, Sub Receiver Always On checked?

Are you using a recent version of Logger+?

John, K3CT

Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2015 12:17 AM
Subject: [N1MMLoggerplus] Flex Smart SDR and N1MM+ during CQ WW DX SSB

Hi
I am new to N1MM+. I used it during last weekends CQ WW DX contest for the first time. My radio is a Flex 6500 with SmartSDR.

While having 2 entree windows open for an "A" and "B" slice and 2 panadapters open in SmartSDR. If the focus was on the "A" slice entree window I would hit "Alt-j" to move my beam and it would un-mute the "B" slice in Smart SDR. Or if I clicked on a call sign in the"A" slice Band Map it would also un-mute the "B" slice. Is there a way around this??

Thanks
Kent

NC6B

Join N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.