Re: Newbie questions

Joe WB9SBD

I am in the same boat,
A "Stock" 430S is not capable of running with N1MM, so 90% of the super cool features that N1MM is capable of doing is not possible. The reason is, well the 430S just plain and simple just does not have a computer hook up capability. So No program will work with a 430S.

BUT. I did read somewhere, that someone did make some sort of an interface, that they added to a 430S that did make it able to talk to a computer. But looking into it,, it was far above my head.

I still love my 430S and N1MM, you just gotta be careful when changing bands and stuff like that because the logger won't know when you do, and you could log a bunch of Q's with the wrong band.

N1MM with a WinKeyer works fantastic with the 430S
It works great on CW and the digital modes too!

Joe WB9SBD

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com

On 10/9/2015 10:07 AM, spencex@... [N1MMLoggerplus] wrote:
I use a Kenwood TS-430s rig, which is doing a fine job. Should I wish to interface it with N1MM+ does anyone know if that's possible? Using the program manually should be fine for the time being.

Right now, I'd be satisfied if I could figure out how to enter a contest--such as CQP--but after reading the documentation I still can't quite get it. Maybe I'm just dense!

Any help would be appreciated.

Spence
K6ACQ