Re: Winkey Sidetone

VE9AA - Mike

HI Pete,

Always great help from the N1MM gang and many others here as well.

I will just say, that for the past, what, 6-12 months(?) is the only time since I have been on the Net whereby someone was asking folks to include previous emails in threads. (usually sysops are asking for messages to be trimmed!) hi

I only use the YAHOO online version (otherwise my inbox would be full and the XYL would likely delete lots of stuff she deemed unimportant) so there is never any issue following a thread.  They are all linked together by default online. (I am not suggesting you do the online thing, only that you understand doing it online there is no issue, so perhaps others like me (and maybe K3PA for all I know) do not even know what you are referring to.

From what I see, you are likely an email user of this group, so I can understand your frustration.

Keep up the great work everyone !

Mike in NB......woke up to 7*C/44.6*F  here this morning....Antenna wx has arrived !

VE9AA

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., <n4zr@...> wrote :

I apologize for my somewhat churlish response to Drew.  It's just that when you're one of 9 guys trying to help thousands, and you've repeatedly pleaded on the reflector for people to include context with their e-mails, and even provided repeated instructions on where to find the necessary option on Yahoo's web interface, it gets old.

 I suspect this problem reflects a couple of things - the influence of texting, where the software provides the thread, and the use of phones to answer e-mail on the web interface.  I wish Yahoo would just include previous e-mails in the thread by default, and let people turn it off if they must.

73, Pete N4ZR
Download the new N1MM Logger+ at
<http://N1MM.hamdocs.com>. Check
out the Reverse Beacon Network at
<http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 10/3/2015 9:03 PM, Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr@... [N1MMLoggerplus] wrote:

Drew, what on earth is that supposed to tell us?  Without context, it's useless.  If you won't include the previous e-mails in the thread, why should we try to help you?
73, Pete N4ZR
Download the new N1MM Logger+ at
<http://N1MM.hamdocs.com>. Check
out the Reverse Beacon Network at
<http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 10/3/2015 8:46 PM, drew.vonadasmith@... [N1MMLoggerplus] wrote:
N1MM Config Ports..etc. Winkey Tab.  Wnkey 2 frame, uncheck Sidetone box.

73,
Drew K3PA