Re: duplicate ports

Vytenis LY5T

Hi

I'm glad it has helped.
For me it did not work. What worked for me was what pkjahnberge and John k3CT said. I found duplicate ports in registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\SERIALCOMM (Thats on WinXP)
There were two COM5. One was deleted and seems everything is OK now.

Vytenis
ly5t

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., <a.wouterson@...> wrote :

Op 25-9-2015 om 11:39 schreef Ad Wouterson:

Peter,

With the excellent help of Vytenis, I found 4 phantom ports. After de-installation all problems now really solved.
This is what he did:
What I did was:
Open command prompt with Start - Run - cmd - Enter
Enter command into command prompt: set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1  andpress Enter
OpenControl panel, Device manager. From its menu select View - Hidden devices.
Here, under ports section phantom ports are grayed out. you'd need to uninstall them.
Voila!

goodluck
Vytenis

Ad/PA2PCH

Op 25-9-2015 om 9:32 schreef pkfalkensee@... [N1MMLoggerplus]:

Easy - search the registry for the duplicate com port and rename the one, which is not assigned to an "real" Com port. I had this challenge some month and had to search/replace it in the registry direct.
There was a HW which assigned an com port without beeing an real one :)