Re: In split sending wrong RST

gbyahoo@...

Greg,

What radio are you using? Current version of N1MM+ ?

Also, what mode does the QSO with the 59 report get logged as? You say the vfo is in cw mode, but is that getting communicated to N1MM+?

You might have to rt-click the log window and set the show mode option and after that you might also have to auto-set the column widths of remove custom settings, if necessary to be able to see the mode stored in the log.

>> Gerald, VE1DT

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., <ve3ki@...> wrote :

This sure sounds like a case where the two VFOs are in different modes. I don't know about your radio, but with some, having both VFOs on the same frequency and in the CW portion of the band does *not* guarantee that both VFOs are in CW mode. On the Elecraft K3/K3S, for example, you have to tap the A>B button twice in rapid succession to transfer the mode to the second VFO. A single tap of A>B transfers the frequency but leaves the second VFO in whatever mode it was in previously, i.e. the two VFOs can be in different modes even when they are on the same frequency. The program detects this, and will take its mode from the transmit VFO (VFO B in Split mode).

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., <gregg.w6izt@...> wrote :

Gerald:

Thanks for your reply. Mode control is set to Use Radio. This occurs when the radio is in split, even if both VFOs are in the CW portion of the band and on the same frequency.

73

Gregg w6izt