2Tone hijacking TX from MMTTY?

Victor Paul

Wanting to avail myself of an additional RX window using 2Tone to complement MMTTY I got 2Tone loaded up and mostly configured.  I now have two decoding windows, the main one from MMTTY and a secondary one in an Additional RX Window from 2Tone.  Tuning up to an RTTY signal I now see the text decode properly in both windows, either with the extra window as a stand alone or embedded in the main DI-1 window using "Enable Attached RX Windows".

All well and good, until I go to transmit.  At that point the radio is keyed but the transmit audio comes pouring out of my laptop's internal speaker, rather than out the headphone jack and thence to the audio input of the radio.  I don't know if the transmit audio is sourced from 2Tone and its sending it to the wrong place or if the presence of 2Tone is somehow telling MMTTY to misdirect its output audio.

For the moment I want 2Tone to do nothing but receive and leave all the TX stuff to come from MMTTY.  I likely have something mis-configured but am not sure just what.

I have 2Tone.exe in a separate folder from that of MMTTY.exe.  The 2Tone.ini file in the folder where 2Tone.exe lives is as follows:

[Two Tone]
SquelchState=1
N1MM_SWITCH=13478
left=1373
top=0833
right=0392
bottom=0183
RXnameid=Microphone (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)
RXid=0
RXChannel=0
TXnameid=Headphones (RTC) (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)
TXid=1
TXChannel=0
FSKCOMport=NONE
Markfrequency=1070
Spacefrequency=0900
RXmode=1
FilterChoice=0
Decodemode=0
TXmode=0
FFTDisplay=0331
RXFilter=0
AFC_ON_OFF=0

There is also an mmtty.ini file in the 2Tone folder.  Judging from its date stamp (from back in July when I think I downloaded 2Tone), I'd say its not being used.  Should I perhaps replace it with a copy of the mmtty.ini  file from the folder to which N1MM+ is pointed for mmtty.exe?

How do I get 2Tone to "play nice" here?  If I close that extra RX window then things work okay as before.

Also, when I have an additional RX window embedded in the main DI-1 window via "Enable Attached RX Windows" is there a way to clear that extra window short of having to go in and uncheck "Enable Attached RX Windows" and then clear it from its full sized version?  Doing a right click over the embedded version and selecting clear RX clears the main (MMTTY based in my case) original window but does nothing to the embedded extra one.

Thanks,
Victor - WB0TEV