Re: MORE Re: [N1MMLoggerplus] Program Update - Error

Fred - NA2U

When I found the most recent country file in "Support Files" I found past versions, as well.  I have been using download and install.  It looks like it is downloading but not installing.  I can manually install now that I know.

BTW... v5095 installed with no problem on my Win 7 desktop this morning by clicking on the new version available box, but clicking on the new version available box when I start Plus on my Win8.1 laptop still results in the error message I originally posted.

73 from the desert,

Fred/NA2U

On Aug 15, 2015, at 7:57 AM, ve3ki@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...> wrote:

None of the support file uploads (wl_cty.dat, master.scp, or anything else) goes into the N1MM+ program files folder. All of that stuff goes into "My Documents\N1MM Logger+\Support Files" or one of its sister folders. That's also where the program looks for it when you tell it to install the file.

You can tell which version of the wl_cty.dat file is loaded into the database by typing VERSION into the call sign box without pressing Enter or the space bar and looking at the country that is displayed in the status line at the bottom of the window. This tells you which version the program is actually using. If it's the current 20150710 version, the country will be OK (Czech Republic). I just tested the Tools > Download and install latest country file (wl_cty.dat) menu item on my computer, and it changed the version from what it was previously (a couple of versions out of date, therefore a different country) to the current one (OK).

There is a similar option for the master.scp file. You can see which version of the master.scp file you have loaded by having the Check window open and typing VER into the callsign box - you will see VER20150803 (or whichever version is installed) in the Check window. On my computer, the version number changed after I used the Tools > Download and Install Latest Check Partial file (master,scp) menu item.

So on my computer, both of these options are working, as is the Tools > Check for New Program Version and Install option. I am still using Windows 7 (I won't be installing Windows 10 until at least after there is a certified driver available for one of my sound cards - probably a couple of months or more from now - but that's another story).

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., wrote :

Bob, K8IA, suggested that wl_cty.dat might be downloading to a different location than N1MM Logger+. I found that it is downloading to "My Documents\N1MM Logger+\Support Files". I found the same to be the case on my Win 7 computer.

It appears that ""Tools->Download and install latest country file..." is downloading the file but not installing it. It can be manually imported if one knows the other tool doesn't install the file.

73,

Fred/NA2U

From: "Steve London n2ic@... [N1MMLoggerplus]" <N1MMLoggerplus@...>
To: N1MMLoggerplus@...
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 21:14:41 -0600

Want to try something else ?

Install 1.0.5053 from
http://n1mmplus.hamdocs.com/tiki-list_file_gallery.php?galleryId=15 .

Go to Tools->Download and install latest country file.
Report back if that worked or not.

After that, you can go back and download/install 1.0.5095.

These tests really do help the team try to figure out what is happening.

73,
Steve, N2IC

------------------------------------

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/55ceb35860cb633587dcdst01vuc

N1MM+ FAQ: http://n1mmplus.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Frequently+Asked+Questions&structure=N1MM+Logger+Documentation

Yahoo Groups Links

Old School Yearbook Pics
View Class Yearbooks Online Free. Search by School & Year. Look Now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/55cf4ab4624bc4ab47794st01vuc