NAQP RTTY Serial Issues

John N0TA

I had quite a few issues Saturday with N1MM+ and my serial connections to the radio and the W3YY FSK interface. It seemed like every time I moved the mouse from the DI screen to the logger screen, the N1MM+ would lose connection to the radio, and freeze for 30 to 60 seconds. Occasionally (like every 30 minutes, or so), I would get a message saying the serial port used by W3YY (Com 1, then Com 15), was being used by another device. I just ignored the warning. I have actual serial ports on my computer (not USB adapters). I initially used the Com port on the motherboard for W3YY (Com 1), but moved it to a serial PCI card (Com 15), which didn't seem to help. I think I have seen something similar to this when N1MM and MMTTY seem to compete for the TX serial port.

The radio (K3) was connected to the other serial port on the serial PCI card (Com 21).

Did anyone else see any serial instabilities?
- 73, John, N0TA