From: Msars@groups.io <Msars@groups.io> On Behalf Of G4UDU Phil
Sent: 18 July 2022 09:39
To: Msars@groups.io
Subject: [Msars] Strange signals

Here is an interesting site that puts the identification to the radio signals both by what’s shown on the spectrum display and what you hear - obviously USA predominates but in the case of HF and the “Over the Horizon radar” signals that are heard world wide

Phil G4UDU

G4UDU Phil

Cant be done (at this time) on 2 reasons

1. Access to the site is extremely limited - so anything other than a basic "run for ever repeater" system is out of the question

2. No internet - you would have to use a 3G/4G system with the cost of the data (you may get a unlimited source - possibly) - but then there are often latency issues

So I currently have done the technical stuff to put the current HY one in - there is absolutely NO WAY I am being involved in a gateway site - but if someone wants to volunteer ……

A last requirement - I have until June 2023 full commercial liability insurance to carry out engineering work on site - anyone taking over will require the same - they won’t let you in without it.

Phil G4UDU

On 18 Jul 2022, at 11:30, Dick G0LFF <rehide@...> wrote:

Are any plans being made to bring the much underused GB3HY into the 21st century with an Inet gateway!

Dick-G0LFF