From: Msars@groups.io <Msars@groups.io> On Behalf Of G4UDU Phil
Sent: 23 December 2020 20:28
To: Msars@groups.io
Subject: [Msars] Santa Claus 80m net

Hello

For some years now I have been running a 80 meter net on Christmas Eve at 9:30 in the evening - this used to be done by Chris G3NDJ but when he died several years ago I took on the task.

We used to get between 30 and 40 people checking in - some only just to say seasons greetings others stayed throughout the evening often until its closing after midnight.

So if you would like to give me a call - I will be around 3.712 MHz from 9:30 PM onwards until there are no further call ins

Hope to see you there

73 Phil G4UDU

M0XYF Berni

Evening all.

Don't have any antennas up at all right now, but hearing most of you on the websdr...

http://websdrmaasbree.hamshack.info:8901

Thanks to Phil and all.

Happy Christmas to all club members and friends...

Berni M0XYF

On 24/12/2020 22:07, GJ6WRI Steve wrote:
Good evening Phil.
Hearing some of you.
De GJ6WRI Steve

For some years now I have been running a 80 meter net on Christmas Eve at 9:30 in the evening - this used to be done by Chris G3NDJ but when he died several years ago I took on the task.

We used to get between 30 and 40 people checking in - some only just to say seasons greetings others stayed throughout the evening often until its closing after midnight.

So if you would like to give me a call - I will be around 3.712 MHz from 9:30 PM onwards until there are no further call ins

Hope to see you there

73 Phil G4UDU

M7AOE Ray

I'm sorry, I missed that. I didn't think I could get a long enough inverted V in my cousin's garden. Anyway have a nice day tomorrow.

Ray M7AOE

For some years now I have been running a 80 meter net on Christmas Eve at 9:30 in the evening - this used to be done by Chris G3NDJ but when he died several years ago I took on the task.

We used to get between 30 and 40 people checking in -  some only just to say seasons greetings others stayed throughout the evening often until its closing after midnight.

So if you would like to give me a call - I will be around 3.712 MHz  from 9:30 PM onwards until there are no further call ins

Hope to see you there

73 Phil G4UDU

G4UDU Phil

Morning Ray

You need a “Portable Deployment Kit” for times like that.

I have one that I can grab and go and get a signal from anywhere.

I will talk to you about it

73 Phil G4UDU