MSARS Newsletters

G3WYN Ken

Some of you might have noticed that there are no MSARS Newsletters on our website now. This is because Tony Finch our excellent Editor has a problem with the computer he uses to edit and store the newsletters. Until his problem is resolved there will be no more newsletters , the December issue has already fallen by the wayside. Tony is asking for someone with tech knowledge to assist him. It may well be that he will need to replace the computer but this has yet to be decided.

Since we no longer have face to face meetings we are more reliant on members and many others both at home and overseas being able to read what is going on.

Who can help Tony? If YOU can, please email him on tonyfinch5@outlook.com.

Thanks. Ken

G4UDU Phil

The situation as I see it

1 Tony does a fantastic job doing the club Newsletter and running website

2. We have an equipment problem that needs sorting out

3. MSARS is NOT a savings bank and we have club funds available

4. Buy a new computer that is the “MSARS Newsletter & Website” PC

5. Don’t take to long making our minds up - get it done now !

What does the membership think ……………..

Phil G4UDU

On 28 Dec 2020, at 19:07, G3WYN Ken via groups.io <G3WYN=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Some of you might have noticed that there are no MSARS Newsletters on our website now. This is because Tony Finch our excellent Editor has a problem with the computer he uses to edit and store the newsletters. Until his problem is resolved there will be no more newsletters , the December issue has already fallen by the wayside. Tony is asking for someone with tech knowledge to assist him. It may well be that he will need to replace the computer but this has yet to be decided.

Since we no longer have face to face meetings we are more reliant on members and many others both at home and overseas being able to read what is going on.

Who can help Tony? If YOU can, please email him on tonyfinch5@outlook.com.

Thanks. Ken

G1TDL Mike

Hello Ken,

Invitations were sent to all members. There are 31 who have joined the group.

Happy New Year to all .

/\/\ike G1TDL/ G0GNV.
The Homestead
Burgess Hill
RH15 0RQ

On 28 Dec 2020, at 19:07, G3WYN Ken via groups.io <G3WYN=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Some of you might have noticed that there are no MSARS Newsletters on our website now. This is because Tony Finch our excellent Editor has a problem with the computer he uses to edit and store the newsletters. Until his problem is resolved there will be no more newsletters , the December issue has already fallen by the wayside. Tony is asking for someone with tech knowledge to assist him. It may well be that he will need to replace the computer but this has yet to be decided.

Since we no longer have face to face meetings we are more reliant on members and many others both at home and overseas being able to read what is going on.

Who can help Tony? If YOU can, please email him on tonyfinch5@outlook.com.

Thanks. Ken

G6DGK Gavin

Dear MSARS members,

I agree entirely with Phil's suggestion that our committee should either have Tony's computer sorted out as quickly as possible, or to take advantage of the current sales and buy a new desktop computer for Tony to use to produce the excellent standard of newsletters as he has in the past.

MSARS is unlikely to be able to hold meetings in Cyprus Hall, as we have in the past for some months to come, so Newsletters to be produced on a new MSARS computer are an appropriate way of keeping in touch.  Please don't delay !!

73,

Gavin - G6DGK

On 28/12/2020 21:17, G4UDU Phil wrote:
[...]

M0XYF Berni

I'll be looking at the PC in the next couple of days. Hardware aside, we need to recover Tony's data and look at software requirements first. I'll report back when I've had a look.

Berni M0XYF

On 29/12/2020 12:11, G6DGK Gavin via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Hi everyone.

I'm currently fixing the website, and sorting out Tony's computer - which just needs a little TLC. Normal service will be resumed shortly.

Berni M0XYF

On 29/12/2020 12:46, M0XYF Berni wrote:
[...]

Excellent news Berni.

Happier New Year everybody.