Mid Sussex Amateur Radio Groups - CORRECTION

M0WVE Merv

Correction msarsmembers@groups.io and Msars@groups.io

On 21 Oct 2020, at 14:15, M0WVE Mervyn <mervyn@westvieweast.com> wrote:

So we now have two Io groups on the go

msarsmembers@groups.io and Msars@groups.

I guess we must now post our emails to both groups until it is decided which one is to be deleted?

Still a confused Merv - M0WVE

G6DGK Gavin

Dear Mervyn & All,

The 'old' email system did not work properly for some obscure reason - it was suspected that this might have been due to some members using talk talk as their internet provider, but this claim proved to be untrue.  I suggested the move to the 'groups.io' because the Worthing club had experienced similar problems to MSARS originally, but the move to 'groups.io' seemed to cure these problems.

I don't know whether the MSARS intend to cancel the original group email or to run both systems at the same time - perhaps the Committee would advise all members of the future intention.

73,

Gavin

0 14:16, M0WVE Mervyn wrote:

Correction msarsmembers@groups.io and Msars@groups.io

On 21 Oct 2020, at 14:15, M0WVE Mervyn <mervyn@westvieweast.com> wrote:

So we now have two Io groups on the go

msarsmembers@groups.io and Msars@groups.

I guess we must now post our emails to both groups until it is decided which one is to be deleted?

Still a confused Merv - M0WVE

M0WVE Merv

Gavin,
That is true about the old email group but we now have two MSARS groups setup on groups.io. The one Bernie setup for us during the summer and a new one that has just appeared

Both groups should work reliably now and I get email from both.

My point is why was a second groups.io setup recently which confuses things?

Merv

0 14:16, M0WVE Mervyn wrote:
Correction msarsmembers@groups.io and Msars@groups.io

On 21 Oct 2020, at 14:15, M0WVE Mervyn <mervyn@westvieweast.com> wrote:
So we now have two Io groups on the go

msarsmembers@groups.io and Msars@groups.

I guess we must now post our emails to both groups until it is decided which one is to be deleted?

Still a confused Merv - M0WVE

M0XYF Berni

Merv,

I don't know why a second groups.io group was set up. Nobody seemed interested at the time I set up the first group, but for whatever reason the new group has way more members, so I'll shut the original group down.

I tried to help out, but to no avail. As long as it's sorted that's all that matters. At least it'll save me the admin overhead.

Berni M0XYF

0 14:16, M0WVE Mervyn wrote:
Correction msarsmembers@groups.io and Msars@groups.io

On 21 Oct 2020, at 14:15, M0WVE Mervyn <mervyn@westvieweast.com> wrote:
So we now have two Io groups on the go

msarsmembers@groups.io and Msars@groups.

I guess we must now post our emails to both groups until it is decided which one is to be deleted?

Still a confused Merv - M0WVE

G1TDL Mike

I set up two io groups to transfer members from the two msars.org.uk groups that I ran.
This was to give members a more reliable service.

/\/\ike G1TDL
The Homestead
Burgess Hill
RH15 0RQ

0 14:16, M0WVE Mervyn wrote:
Correction msarsmembers@groups.io and Msars@groups.io

On 21 Oct 2020, at 14:15, M0WVE Mervyn <mervyn@westvieweast.com> wrote:
So we now have two Io groups on the go

msarsmembers@groups.io and Msars@groups.

I guess we must now post our emails to both groups until it is decided which one is to be deleted?

Still a confused Merv - M0WVE

M6IQW Dave <m6iqw@...>

I've not had any contact from the club's email system for ages. The new one apoears to be working so if possible, can we agree to go forward with this one?

On 21 Oct 2020, at 14:15, M0WVE Mervyn <mervyn@...> wrote:

So we now have two Io groups on the go

msarsmembers@groups.io and Msars@groups.

I guess we must now post our emails to both groups until it is decided which one is to be deleted?

Still a confused Merv - M0WVE

You automatically follow any topics you start or reply to.
View/Reply Online (#23): https://groups.io/g/Msars/message/23
Group Owner: Msars+owner@groups.io

www.qrz.com/db/M6IQW

G6DGK Gavin

Dear Mervyn/All,

Some months ago I asked Russell to obtain the committee's agreement to delete the 'old' email system and move to a group.io address because (1).  The old system did not work properly and, (2). the Worthing club, having also experienced group email problems, had also moved to a group.io address and this worked well.

I did not know that the committee had decided to start two new email addresses and do not really understand why this was done - perhaps Russell can provide the answer.

73,

Gavin