From: IET UK local networks <iet@...>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021, 10:20
Subject: Join us for our upcoming webinars
To: <philjbrown1@...>

Find out what's going on Open webpage version
UK local networks
Network
Learn
Collaborate
We have over 100 local networks run by volunteers around the world. They organise lectures, technical visits and seminars that provide opportunities to learn and meet new people.
Dear Mr Brown

Attending our events helps to rack-up those CPD hours and increase your knowledge. Please see below what we have organised for you.
Alan Blumlein - inventor and engineer
Date: 2 September 2021
Time: 6pm BST
Alan Dower Blumlein (often referred to by his initials ADB) left a legacy of 128 patents by the time he died at just 38 years old, whilst onboard an aircraft during World War II that had been testing ground-breaking radar technology.  In the 150th anniversary year of the IET we are privileged to present a touching account by his surviving elder son, Simon Blumlein, which covers the life and work of his father as well personal reflections.  Many of Alan Blumlein’s patented technologies are the antecedents of the glue that holds together much of our lives, such as in television, broadcasting, and even computers.  Arguably best known of all, Alan Blumlein invented stereo; and woven into the story are now household names such as EMI and the famous Abbey Road studios. There is a follow on Q&A event on 16 September
Register now
Join the IET Solent online community to keep up to date with events, seek technical and career advice and network with your peers!
Aspidistra and the Broadcast Group of the Diplomatic Wireless Service including the wartime transmission of black propaganda
Date: 8 September 2021
Time: 7pm BST
This is the story of Broadcast Group of the Diplomatic Wireless Service (DWS) which had its origins in the Political Warfare Executive (PWE) at the beginning of WW2. In this illustrated talk by Roger Castle-Smith we will learn first about the transmission of black propaganda and associated activities during WWII.
Register now
Join the IET North Wales online community to keep up to date with events, seek technical and career advice and network with your peers!
Higher Education: A shift in approach due to COVID-19: What is here to stay?
Date: 13 September 2021
Time: 12pm BST
The COVID-19 pandemic is the biggest disruption to Higher Education in living memory and has caused a huge shift towards online delivery and assessment. In this webinar Dr Craig Evans will cover how the School of Electronic & Electrical Engineering at the University of Leeds responded to the pandemic.
Register now
Join the IET West Yorkshire online community to keep up to date with events, seek technical and career advice and network with your peers!
Other webinars you may be interested in
5G in manufacturing
Date: 7 September 2021 10am BST

TV’s sustainability challenge – Engineering a better world
Date: 9 September 2021 3pm BST

Agricultural robotics
Date:
14 September 2021 6pm BST

Wow that's bright!!
Date:
14 September 2021 7.30pm BST

Static electricity - it's a strange business
Date:
15 September 2021 12pm BST

What's in a borehole?
Date:
15 September 2021 7.30pm BST

Alan Blumlein - inventor and engineer Q&A
Date:
16 September 2021 6.15pm BST

The use of ultrasound waves in therapeutic drug delivery
Date:
16 September 2021 7pm BST

How time was told throughout the ages
Date:
20 September 2021 7.30pm BST

Artificially Intelligent Regulation (of spectra and space) - AIR
Date:
21 September 2021 7pm BST

Industrial decarbonisation: The HyNet response
Date:
21 September 2021 7pm BST

IET 150th anniversary celebration
Date:
22 September 2021 6pm BST
Exploration of lunar near surface plasma environment from Chandrayaan-2 Lunar lander platform: RAMBHA_LP Payload perspective
Date:
23 September 2021 1.30pm BST

Building back better: How robotics and automation could help the recovery of the UK
Date:
23 September 2021 7pm BST

Protecting lightly used railway level crossings
Date:
27 September 2021 6pm BST

Printed color: from atoms to conscious experiences
Date:
28 September 2021 6pm CEST

iTRIBOMAT project
Date:
29 September 2021 11am BST

An apprentice's guide to STFC Daresbury Laboratory - a virtual tour
Date:
29 September 2021 5.30pm BST

How do you decarbonise the transport sector? Part 1
Date:
30 September 2021 11am BST

Successfully managing innovation - picking a winner - part 4
Date:
1 October 2021 1.30pm BST

End-to-end attack detection for the connected vehicle
Date:
4 October 2021 6pm BST

How do you decarbonise the transport sector? Part 2
Date:
7 October 2021 11am BST
IET news
Technical Network hub
Catch up with the latest technical content
Head over to the Technical Network hub, where you can register for upcoming webinars or watch on-demand. Gain CPD and learn about the latest developments in transport, healthcare and communications
Watch now
Did you miss it?
Webinars available to view online
Local networks in the UK have been busy hosting webinars since last year - and what a year!  If you have missed some of them, or would like the opportunity to watch them again, visit our blog now.
Watch now
Follow us: Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Instagram YouTube