From: IET UK local networks <iet@...>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2021, 08:07
Subject: Join us for our upcoming webinars
To: <philjbrown1@...>

Find out what's going on Open webpage version
UK local networks
Network
Learn
Collaborate
We have over 100 local networks run by volunteers around the world. They organise lectures, technical visits and seminars that provide opportunities to learn and meet new people.
Dear Mr Brown

Attending our events helps to rack-up those CPD hours and increase your knowledge. Please see below what we have organised for you.
Perspectives on audio: Information vs data; Fidelity vs resolution
Date: 17 August 2021
Time: 7pm BST
Audio bridges science and engineering with the complexity of the human listener. If we are to close that gap, we need to ask the right questions. This talk begins with a tutorial overview of topics in modern auditory science that are pertinent to fidelity and resolution. It also sketches information flow in the listener giving some surprising estimates. This is a joint event with the AES UK Section Cambridge Group.
Register now
Join the IET Cambridge online community to keep up to date with events, seek technical and career advice and network with your peers!
Meet the engineers
Date: 23 August 2021
Time: 6pm BST
The purpose of this event is to first help young students, school leavers and degree students understand more about engineering like day-to-day jobs and personal experiences. Second, help encourage, especially young students and school leavers, to pursue a career in STEM. Attendees can contact the Events team if they are interested in becoming a speaker. The event will be an hour event with two 30-minute speakers.
Register now
Join the IET London online community to keep up to date with events, seek technical and career advice and network with your peers!
Alan Blumlein - inventor and engineer
Date: 2 September 2021
Time: 6pm BST
Alan Dower Blumlein (often referred to by his initials ADB) left a legacy of 128 patents by the time a Halifax aircraft crashed and killed him (along with all 10 other passengers and crew) in 1942.  At that time Britain was in the grip of World War II and Alan Blumlein was just 38 years old.  The flight was associated with secret development of airborne radar, for which Alan was witnessing the efficacy of a magnetron.
Simon, his elder son, was age 6 at the time, and we are privileged that some 79 years later he has recorded a touching account of the life and work of his father, made at Solent University earlier this year.
Register now
Join the IET Solent online community to keep up to date with events, seek technical and career advice and network with your peers!
Other webinars you may be interested in
PS4 orbital platform-based studies
Date: 24 August 2021 1:30pm BST

5G in manufacturing
Date: 7 September 2021 10am BST

Aspidistra and the Broadcast Group of the Diplomatic Wireless Service including the wartime transmission of black propaganda
Date: 8 September 2021 7pm BST

Sustainability in aerospace
Date: 9 September 2021 2pm BST

Applying systems engineering to road transport systems seminar
Date: 14 September 2021 10am BST

Agricultural robotics
Date: 14 September 2021 6pm BST

Wow that's bright!!
Date: 14 September 2021 7:30pm BST

What's in a borehole?
Date: 15 September 2021 7:30pm BST

Alan Blumlein - inventor and engineer Q&A
Date: 16 September 2021 6:15pm BST

Exploration of lunar near surface plasma environment from Chandrayaan-2 Lunar lander platform: RAMBHA_LP Payload perspective
Date: 23 September 2021 1:30pm BST

Printed color: from atoms to conscious experiences
Date: 28 September 2021 6pm CEST

iTRIBOMAT project
Date: 29 September 2021 11am BST

An apprentice's guide to STFC Daresbury Laboratory - a virtual tour
Date: 29 September 2021 5.30pm BST

How do you decarbonise the transport sector? Part 1 setting the scene
Date: 30 September 2021 11am BST

IET news
Did you miss it?
Webinars available to view online
Local networks in the UK have been busy hosting webinars since last year - and what a year!  If you have missed some of them, or would like the opportunity to watch them again, visit our blog now
Watch now
Technical Network hub
Catch up with the latest technical content
Head over to the Technical Network hub, where you can register for upcoming webinars or watch on-demand. Gain CPD and learn about the latest developments in transport, healthcare and communications
Watch now
Follow us: Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Instagram YouTube
Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. Should you wish to, please contact us.

The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) is working to engineer a better world. We inspire, inform and influence the global engineering community, supporting technology innovation to meet the needs of society. The Institution of Engineering and Technology is registered as a Charity in England and Wales (No. 211014) and Scotland (No. SC038698). Michael Faraday House, Six Hills Way, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG1 2AY, United Kingdom.

You have been sent this email because according to our records you have either requested or agreed to receive information about the IET and its associated organisations, products and services, by electronic means.

If you wish to unsubscribe from UK - Local Network Webinars emails, please click the link here:
http://email.ietinfo.org/f/1nEGvpwk37CmFARFwFMmSC

Alternatively, if you have a MyIET online account, to amend your communication preferences please visit:
https://www2.theiet.org/my/