From: IET UK local networks <iet@...>
Date: 22 Jul 2021 08:09
Subject: Join us for our upcoming webinars
To: philjbrown1@...

Find out what's going on Open webpage version
IET Logo
UK local networks
Network
Learn
Collaborate
We have over 100 local networks run by volunteers around the world. They organise lectures, technical visits and seminars that provide opportunities to learn and meet new people.
Dear Mr Brown

Attending our events helps to rack-up those CPD hours and increase your knowledge. Please see below what we have organised for you.
Ethical engineering in the arms industry
Date: 29 July 2021
Time: 7pm BST
Andrew Feinstein, a former ANC MP under Nelson Mandela and the author of the acclaimed book and film ’The Shadow World: Inside the Global Arms Trade’, will talk about the arms industry and its myriad impacts, including human rights abuses such as are occurring in Yemen and the Occupied Palestinian Territories, the contribution of the trade to the climate crisis, the socio-economic opportunity costs associated with it, and the rampant corruption that characterises the vast majority of arms deals concluded.
Register now
Join the IET Berkshire online community to keep up to date with events, seek technical and career advice and network with your peers!
Perspectives on audio: Information vs data; Fidelity vs resolution
Date: 17 August 2021
Time: 7pm BST
Audio bridges science and engineering with the complexity of the human listener. If we are to close that gap, we need to ask the right questions. This talk begins with a tutorial overview of topics in modern auditory science that are pertinent to fidelity and resolution. It also sketches information flow in the listener giving some surprising estimates. This is a joint event with the AES UK Section Cambridge Group.
Register now
Join the IET Cambridge online community to keep up to date with events, seek technical and career advice and network with your peers!
Aspidistra and the Broadcast Group of the Diplomatic Wireless Service including the wartime transmission of black propaganda
Date: 8 September 2021
Time: 7pm BST
In this illustrated talk we will learn first about the transmission of black propaganda and associated activities during WWII.  Also such activities as trying to interfere with enemy rocket guidance systems. Then about the various Medium-Wave and Short-Wave transmitting stations of Broadcast Group with transmitter stations at Crowborough, Orfordness, Cyprus and the island of Masirah, a part of Oman. Please register to hear the story of Aspidistra and the Broadcast Group of the DWS with the engineering used to build and operate these stations.
Register now
Join the IET Wales North online community to keep up to date with events, seek technical and career advice and network with your peers!
Other webinars you may be interested in
Celebrating the inaugural transatlantic telegraph message from Hearts Content, Newfoundland, to Valentia, Ireland in 1866
Date: 27 July 2021 2pm IST

PS4 orbital platform-based studies
Date: 24 August 2021 1.30pm BST

Alan Blumlein - inventor and engineer
Date: 2 September 2021 6pm BST

Sustainability in aerospace
Date: 9 September 2021 2pm BST

Applying systems engineering to road transport systems
Date: 14 September 2021 10am BST

Agricultural robotics
Date: 14 September 2021 6pm BST

Wow that's bright!!
Date: 14 September 2021 7.30pm BST

What's in a borehole?
Date: 15 September 2021 7:30pm BST

Alan Blumlein - inventor and engineer Q&A
Date: 16 September 2021 6:15pm BST

Exploration of lunar near surface plasma environment from Chandrayaan-2 Lunar lander platform: RAMBHA_LP Payload perspective
Date: 23 September 2021 1:30pm BST

Printed color: from atoms to conscious experiences
Date: 28 September 2021 6pm CEST

iTRIBOMAT project
Date: 29 September 2021 11am BST

How do you decarbonise the transport sector? Part 1: Setting the scene on decarbonisation in transport 2050
Date: 30 September 2021 11am BST
IET news
Did you miss it?
Webinars available to view online
Local networks in the UK have been busy hosting webinars since last year - and what a year!  If you have missed some of them, or would like the opportunity to watch them again, visit our blog now
Watch now
Technical Network hub
Catch up with the latest technical content
Head over to the Technical Network hub, where you can register for upcoming webinars or watch on-demand. Gain CPD and learn about the latest developments in transport, healthcare and communications
Watch now
Follow us: Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Instagram YouTube
Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. Should you wish to, please contact us.

The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) is working to engineer a better world. We inspire, inform and influence the global engineering community, supporting technology innovation to meet the needs of society. The Institution of Engineering and Technology is registered as a Charity in England and Wales (No. 211014) and Scotland (No. SC038698). Michael Faraday House, Six Hills Way, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG1 2AY, United Kingdom.

You have been sent this email because according to our records you have either requested or agreed to receive information about the IET and its associated organisations, products and services, by electronic means.

If you wish to unsubscribe from UK - Local Network Webinars emails, please click the link here:
http://email.ietinfo.org/f/1nEGvpwjXlNdgyV0gNSI47

Alternatively, if you have a MyIET online account, to amend your communication preferences please visit:
https://www2.theiet.org/my/