Club Antennas

G4UDU Phil

Hello everyone

There has been a lot of talk over the last few weeks about projects for MSARS - this primarily involves improving the club shack with new equipment which in turn needs an upgrade on the dated antenna system.

At this time it still needs to be decided what is to be done and for this reason I am going over to the club tomorrow Friday 15th and will be there half an hour before the meeting time with respect to the foxhunt, so around 6:45 pm

My intention is to take a number of pictures of the existing antenna array plus some distant shots to show what impact it has on the skyline.

If anyone wants to come up with some ideas/suggestions and would like to talk about it I will be pleased to enter into a discussion on site, all input is very welcome - please take into account the DF Hunt will commence at 7:15 for 7:30 pm so please be there half an hour before time.

Phil G4UDU

G4AKG Peter

Hi Phil
           Sorry I will not be there as I am the fox!! however the short stub mast at the rear
of the hall could be replaced with a longer one for the multi frequency aerial  This is as far back from the main building as possible..
I would recommend leaving the 6 and 2 metre aerials as they are  firstly they do get used on occasions and they
have been used by members checking their gear on a proved aerial .we also have a power meter which can be used in cct.
Last friday the normandy beacon was coming in S3 on the clubs 2 metre setup .
         I will be at the club next week
               Regards
                       Peter