Aurora. Clubhouse. Video. Website. Santa.

M0XYF Berni

An enjoyable evening on Friday. Nice to see the numbers creeping up with a fair few joining online as well as a sprinkling of people at the clubhouse. Maybe in the springtime more people will feel comfortable returning to the club as confidence builds with respect to the levels of protection afforded by the vaccines.

As Peter was saying on the 80M net on Sunday morning, we do need to retain a regular presence at the hall to safeguard the future of the shack. I think it's also clear that in the meantime, it's useful to have the added convenience of the various online meeting platforms.

I just wanted to thank John and Sue for a very well thought out presentation, and of course to Alan and Stella without whose contribution the online and offline worlds wouldn't have come together at all.

You can pretty much guarantee that there will be technical glitches on the night, and I hope that everyone appreciates that it's not easy being the people driving the technology bus with everyone else looking on.

Well done to all involved. I hope to hear from John at some point with a link to the video.

Wait... am I going a bit soft in my old age? Let's hope not.

Lots of development work been going on behind the scenes with the website, including online membership forms for 2022 as well as online payments too. I thought I'd ride the wave of modernity coursing through the club recently.

I'll turn all that on in December. It'll make a nice Christmas present for everyone.

Ho Ho Ho!

Berni M0XYF

G8JBJ John

Hi Berni,

You're very welcome. Hopefully the two dropouts weren't too annoying.

Here's the link to the video of Friday night's presentation: https://youtu.be/wx42vJevZus. Hopefully all OK. Let me know if you find any issues before you embed. There's more information at https://hamradio.engineering/radio-auroras/.

Good to everyone online. Look forward to seeing all in person one of those days.

73s

John GM8JBJ

John Berry

Mob. 07553 250 919
Willowburn, Kirkton, Hawick, Scottish Borders, TD9 8QJ