Antenna Update

G4UDU Phil

Happy New Year to all club members

I thought I would post an update on the proposed antenna for MSARS at Cyprus Hall

As previously mentioned this will be based on a half wave ended design using a 60:1 matching transformer at the feed point

I have this in place at home now for testing and have been trying it with the mast wound up and the antenna at 39 feet plus also with the mast wound down and the antenna at 22 feet

The reason for this is I thought it would be useful for others to know how it would perform if someone chose to use it themselves and maybe didn't have the ability to get it up as high into the air.

As you can see from the two sets of designs you have an option for a very compact one operating on 40 m and up or go for the full 80 m one which is the design that's going to be put into effect for MSARS

From what I have found so far the tuning especially on its lowest frequency of operation does change with respect to height above ground - and as you move it up the resonant  frequency goes down.

It is possible to buy this design as a ready-made antenna or you can build it yourself - all that's needed is the wire as detailed above plus the matching transformer.

I there is anything you need to know about this - please contact me

73 Phil G4UDU