Burgess Hill Field Day

G3XQM Tony

Rog and I were discussing about a trip to Jersey. Any thoughts on that idea would be helpful.

From: Msars@groups.io <Msars@groups.io> on behalf of GJ6WRI Steve <illflyit@...>
Sent: 20 August 2021 13:53
To: Msars@groups.io <Msars@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Msars] Burgess Hill Field Day

Excellent. Hope to catch you on the air soon then (that’s less than 13yrs time).  I guess I’ll have to put my old amp up for sale now😜

Sent from my iPlane🛩

On 20 Aug 2021, at 13:51, G3XQM Tony <tonyfinch5@...> wrote:

It will be the Hy Gain AV-14AVQ. Had one before and gave up for a while. I did have a mass of trees nearby, however these are being lopped down as I speak.

From: Msars@groups.io <Msars@groups.io> on behalf of GJ6WRI Steve <illflyit@...>
Sent: 20 August 2021 13:45

Still 400 Tony, but this amp also includes 50MHz. The RG58 was only installed temporarily (about 13yrs ago) and was about 20m too long, on an already long run, so I’m expecting much better reception. Hey! I may even be able to hear the lunchtime nets!

Sent from my iPlane🛩

On 20 Aug 2021, at 13:39, G3XQM Tony <tonyfinch5@...> wrote:

Blimy, how many watts are you going to run? 

Sent: 20 August 2021 13:35

That sounds like the old days OM. 
I have just taken delivery of a new amplifier, and having just replaced the existing RG58 with Westflex 103, I am now fitting compression plugs at each end, before calling the electric company to make sure they have the extra capacity I need!

Sent from my iPlane🛩

On 20 Aug 2021, at 13:25, G3XQM Tony <tonyfinch5@...> wrote:

Hi Steve, Great fun radio broadcast. Rog is popping over this weekend for a curry as you do. Andy will be joying us hic! 

Sent: 20 August 2021 12:18
To: msars@groups.io <msars@groups.io>
Subject: [Msars] Burgess Hill Field Day

Good afternoon fellow members.

Being a bit of a night owl, I often listen to BBC Radio from 10pm onwards, when the likes of BBC Devon & The BBC in the channel Islands come together as the South West Region Local Radio.

I’ve attached an audio clip from part of last nights show, relating to Radio Cars.

I fully understand this is copyright of the BBC, and it is only intended for your aural delight.

73 Steve GJ6WRI

GJ6WRI Steve

Excellent. Hope to catch you on the air soon then (that’s less than 13yrs time).  I guess I’ll have to put my old amp up for sale now😜

Sent from my iPlane🛩

On 20 Aug 2021, at 13:51, G3XQM Tony <tonyfinch5@...> wrote:

It will be the Hy Gain AV-14AVQ. Had one before and gave up for a while. I did have a mass of trees nearby, however these are being lopped down as I speak.

Still 400 Tony, but this amp also includes 50MHz. The RG58 was only installed temporarily (about 13yrs ago) and was about 20m too long, on an already long run, so I’m expecting much better reception. Hey! I may even be able to hear the lunchtime nets!

Sent from my iPlane🛩

I have just taken delivery of a new amplifier, and having just replaced the existing RG58 with Westflex 103, I am now fitting compression plugs at each end, before calling the electric company to make sure they have the extra capacity I need!

Sent from my iPlane🛩

Hi Steve, Great fun radio broadcast. Rog is popping over this weekend for a curry as you do. Andy will be joying us hic! 

Being a bit of a night owl, I often listen to BBC Radio from 10pm onwards, when the likes of BBC Devon & The BBC in the channel Islands come together as the South West Region Local Radio.

I’ve attached an audio clip from part of last nights show, relating to Radio Cars.

I fully understand this is copyright of the BBC, and it is only intended for your aural delight.

73 Steve GJ6WRI

G3XQM Tony

Sent from my iPlane🛩

Sent from my iPlane🛩

73 Steve GJ6WRI

GJ6WRI Steve

Sent from my iPlane🛩

Sent from my iPlane🛩

73 Steve GJ6WRI

G3XQM Tony

Sent from my iPlane🛩

73 Steve GJ6WRI

GJ6WRI Steve

Sent from my iPlane🛩

73 Steve GJ6WRI

G3XQM Tony

73 Steve GJ6WRI

GJ6WRI Steve

73 Steve GJ6WRI