QRZ updates

G1TDL Mike

Yes. I believe that mail for organisations is placed on the shelf just inside the main door.

/\/\ike
The Homestead
Burgess Hill
RH15 0RQ

On 5 Apr 2021, at 12:43, M0XYF Berni <msars@mailfeeder.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Mike.

Does that mean we can use the Cyprus Hall address as the official mailing address for the club? If so, I will update our main website which at the moment just says "Please Do Not use this address for mail" WRT Cyprus hall address...

On 05/04/2021 12:29, G1TDL Mike wrote:
Hi Chris, Yes, a letter box has been installed by the front door.

/\/\ike
The Homestead
Burgess Hill
RH15 0RQ

On 5 Apr 2021, at 10:55, G4ZCS Chris via groups.io <c_saunders=tiscali.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Bernie
Some time back we had a problem with incoming post.
It appeared that Cyprus Hall doesn’t have a letter box!
Worth checking to see if there is one now?

Cheers
Chris

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 05 April 2021 00:05
To: Msars@groups.io
Subject: [Msars] QRZ updates

Thanks to Adrian (I believe) for performing all those QRZ updates. Quite a few changes required there, but everything now looks great. I guess the physical mailing address for the club will be resolved once we finally have our AGM and the committee is elected, but the hall address is the only real option until that happens.

Apologies for the lack of Zoom meetings last week, I just had a lot of mundane stuff to catch up with. Normal service will be resumed this week. Hope you're all having a good Easter holiday!

Berni M0XYF

--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

M0XYF Berni

Hi Mike.

Does that mean we can use the Cyprus Hall address as the official mailing address for the club? If so, I will update our main website which at the moment just says "Please Do Not use this address for mail" WRT Cyprus hall address...

On 05/04/2021 12:29, G1TDL Mike wrote:

/\/\ike
The Homestead
Burgess Hill
RH15 0RQ

On 5 Apr 2021, at 10:55, G4ZCS Chris via groups.io <c_saunders=tiscali.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Bernie

Cheers
Chris

Thanks to Adrian (I believe) for performing all those QRZ updates. Quite a few changes required there, but everything now looks great. I guess the physical mailing address for the club will be resolved once we finally have our AGM and the committee is elected, but the hall address is the only real option until that happens.

Apologies for the lack of Zoom meetings last week, I just had a lot of mundane stuff to catch up with. Normal service will be resumed this week. Hope you're all having a good Easter holiday!

Berni M0XYF

--

G1TDL Mike

/\/\ike
The Homestead
Burgess Hill
RH15 0RQ

Hi Bernie

Cheers
Chris

Berni M0XYF

--

M0XYF Berni

I imagine that's true Chris, so for cards & mail, it's not ideal - but I guess nobody is using any of our callsigns at the moment? The postal address was Sue's but of course that's now no longer applicable. If the committee want to come up with a temporary c/o address, then we could use that, or just wait until the AGM when the backlog of housekeeping can be addressed? I haven't heard anything, but I guess an AGM or an EGM will be fairly high on the priority list once it can be facilitated.

Failing that, I could pop down to Cyprus Hall with a circular saw!

Berni M0XYF

On 05/04/2021 10:55, G4ZCS Chris via groups.io wrote:
Hi Bernie

Cheers
Chris

Berni M0XYF

--

G4ZCS Chris

Hi Bernie

Cheers
Chris

Berni M0XYF

--

G3WYN Ken

Bernie, Thanks for all your doing to bring the Website up to date. There is one error however which requires changing in that the MSARS lunchtime net is shown as being on 14.330 and not where it really is on 14.345. The shift in frequency took place a month or so back due to QRM on 14.330.  I've left a message on Adrian M0TCD's phone and asked him to effect the change but if this is wrong please attend to it as soon as you can. Tks agn, es 73's Ken

On 05/04/2021 00:04, M0XYF Berni wrote:

Berni M0XYF

M0XYF Berni

Berni M0XYF

G8KMP Mike

Hi all,
The GB0HHT was for Haywards Heath Twinning,which we used about 4-5 years ago in Haywards Heath Victoria park.
Noit sure who got the call sign.
Mike G8KMP

On 29 March 2021 at 18:48 "G4ZCS Chris via groups.io" <c_saunders=tiscali.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Berni

I have GB50BR, this was not a club station, but one of G6DGK's
I also have GB0HHT but I have no recollection of that.
Note that G3 & G1ZMS have Sue's postal address, so will need updating.

Cheers & thanks for sorting this out
Chris
G4ZCS

Sent: 29 March 2021 15:14

Just a quick thank you to whoever is responsible for updating the MSARS website links on the G5RV QRZ page (Adrian?)

I wonder if it would be possible to also update the couple of links on the other three callsign pages mentioned, GB0JAJ, G1ZMS and G3ZMS?

Thanks!

I'm starting to trawl the web for broken links to the MSARS website so I can fix them, and look for new opportunities to establish backlinks to raise the profile of the club and increase traffic to the website. I'll be sharing some stats on the website and its performance over time, but for now I'd just like to tell you that in March 2021 (to date), it was visited 1000 times by 550 unique visitors, who viewed 15000 individual pages in total. That is purely human traffic, not bots or crawlers.
That's a pretty good baseline, but only THREE of those visits came about by people finding us on Google or Bing etc. That's what I'll be looking to improve over the next few months.

Finally, I know one or two members have their own websites and static pages out there, and would ask that they consider posting links to the MSARS website (or specific articles on it) and using some meaningful anchor text to help with our SEO. Even a link on social media would be useful.

73's

Berni M0XYF

--

G4ZCS Chris

Hi Berni

I have GB50BR, this was not a club station, but one of G6DGK's
I also have GB0HHT but I have no recollection of that.
Note that G3 & G1ZMS have Sue's postal address, so will need updating.

Cheers & thanks for sorting this out
Chris
G4ZCS

Sent: 29 March 2021 15:14

Just a quick thank you to whoever is responsible for updating the MSARS website links on the G5RV QRZ page (Adrian?)

I wonder if it would be possible to also update the couple of links on the other three callsign pages mentioned, GB0JAJ, G1ZMS and G3ZMS?

Thanks!

I'm starting to trawl the web for broken links to the MSARS website so I can fix them, and look for new opportunities to establish backlinks to raise the profile of the club and increase traffic to the website. I'll be sharing some stats on the website and its performance over time, but for now I'd just like to tell you that in March 2021 (to date), it was visited 1000 times by 550 unique visitors, who viewed 15000 individual pages in total. That is purely human traffic, not bots or crawlers.
That's a pretty good baseline, but only THREE of those visits came about by people finding us on Google or Bing etc. That's what I'll be looking to improve over the next few months.

Finally, I know one or two members have their own websites and static pages out there, and would ask that they consider posting links to the MSARS website (or specific articles on it) and using some meaningful anchor text to help with our SEO. Even a link on social media would be useful.

73's

Berni M0XYF

--

M0XYF Berni

Thanks!

I'm starting to trawl the web for broken links to the MSARS website so I can fix them, and look for new opportunities to establish backlinks to raise the profile of the club and increase traffic to the website. I'll be sharing some stats on the website and its performance over time, but for now I'd just like to tell you that in March 2021 (to date), it was visited 1000 times by 550 unique visitors, who viewed 15000 individual pages in total. That is purely human traffic, not bots or crawlers. That's a pretty good baseline, but only THREE of those visits came about by people finding us on Google or Bing etc. That's what I'll be looking to improve over the next few months.

73's

Berni M0XYF