John Berry

Mob. 07553 250 919
Willowburn, Kirkton, Hawick, Scottish Borders, TD9 8QJ

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 at 17:10, GJ6WRI Steve <illflyit@...> wrote:

Oops. Bounced back. Maybe I dent from the wrong email account.

From: gj6wri@... <gj6wri@...>
Sent: 12 January 2021 17:08
To: 'Msars@groups.io' <Msars@groups.io>
Subject: I've Got The Retailer Blues

Good afternoon fellow members.

I have been horribly let down and treated by Martin Lynch and Sons, and I would like to ask your opinion of which retailer to go to next.

Basically, I ordered a7 610 for Christmas, and there was a minor delay in shipping, but when they did send it, via UPS, they didn’t send it with the correct paperwork, so after several days, UPS initiated a “Return to sender”. I didn’t even get to see the radio!

They wouldn’t credit me until they got the radio back from UPS and had time to check it? Check what? It hasn’t been out of it’s box (unless the UPS driver is a Ham HI).

Wanting the radio in time for Christmas, I placed and paid for a second radio. This time it did have the paperwork, but arrived with obvious signs of transit damage, but the radio seemed to work fine. Having reported the transit damage, I was informed the radio would be fine, and the damage done would have happened by the guys in the Icom factory.

THEY initiated the return, and now I’m left without a radio for which I have paid. They say they have refunded the money for the radio, but that is a blatant lie, and anyway, I don’t want a refund, I want my radio back please!!!

SO, do any of you have a strong preference of supplier, or is it you pay your money (again) and you take your choice?

Happy New Year to you all & 73

Steve GJ6WRI