Re: 100 watt HF transceiver

G3WYN Ken

Steve, That's more than kind of you. Do you have a power lead and mike for the FT 757 MK 1 ? Let me know and I'll compare the two rigs on the web. Ken.

On 30/11/2020 16:38, GJ6WRI Steve wrote:

It’s an Icom 735 Ken. Not sure what s 753 is (other than a typo HI HI)

I will box it up and send to your QTHR if that is your preference delivery point? I have matching power supplies, but they are linear, and weigh a fair bit. Do you have a power supply you can use? It uses one of the older 4 pin plugs?

The other option would be a Yaesu FT757 Mk1. The choice is yours!

From: Msars@groups.io <Msars@groups.io> On Behalf Of G3WYN Ken via groups.io
Sent: 30 November 2020 16:06
To: Msars@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Msars] 100 watt HF transceiver

Wow! I only posted that request 10 minutes ago! You'd do what? My 3000 started to play up on Friday resulting in no drive and the need to factory reset from the front. having done that it did the same thing a couple of times more and the internal keyer failed to reset as part of the proceedure. After trying to make it wake up with much intervention from Phil G4UDU we came to the conclusion that we couldn't reset the internal keyer ourselves. So I spoke to Steve the head fixer at Martin Lynch who said he'd never seen that before but that since my 3000 was still in warranty I could send it in but he has a 3 week backlog of repairs. It did work today ( all but the keyer) but I'm not happy wondering when if its going to fail again.

So.. if you have a working Icom 753 I'd be glad to have it as a fall back. Does it have an internal keyer? What do we do now, can you email it to me!

Let me know how we can proceed and thank you for your so generous offer.

Ken.

On 30/11/2020 15:31, GJ6WRI Steve wrote:

I would gladly gift you an Icom 735 Ken?

Steve GJ6WRI