Re: Mid Sussex Amateur Radio Groups - CORRECTION

G6DGK Gavin

Dear Mervyn/All,

Some months ago I asked Russell to obtain the committee's agreement to delete the 'old' email system and move to a group.io address because (1).  The old system did not work properly and, (2). the Worthing club, having also experienced group email problems, had also moved to a group.io address and this worked well.

I did not know that the committee had decided to start two new email addresses and do not really understand why this was done - perhaps Russell can provide the answer.

73,

Gavin

On 21/10/2020 17:03, M0WVE Mervyn wrote:
Gavin,
That is true about the old email group but we now have two MSARS groups setup on groups.io. The one Bernie setup for us during the summer and a new one that has just appeared

Both groups should work reliably now and I get email from both.

My point is why was a second groups.io setup recently which confuses things?

Merv

On 21 Oct 2020, at 14:44, G6DGK Gavin via groups.io <gavin.keegan=tiscali.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Dear Mervyn & All,

The 'old' email system did not work properly for some obscure reason - it was suspected that this might have been due to some members using talk talk as their internet provider, but this claim proved to be untrue. I suggested the move to the 'groups.io' because the Worthing club had experienced similar problems to MSARS originally, but the move to 'groups.io' seemed to cure these problems.

I don't know whether the MSARS intend to cancel the original group email or to run both systems at the same time - perhaps the Committee would advise all members of the future intention.

73,

Gavin

0 14:16, M0WVE Mervyn wrote:
Correction msarsmembers@groups.io and Msars@groups.io

On 21 Oct 2020, at 14:15, M0WVE Mervyn <mervyn@westvieweast.com> wrote:
So we now have two Io groups on the go

msarsmembers@groups.io and Msars@groups.

I guess we must now post our emails to both groups until it is decided which one is to be deleted?

Still a confused Merv - M0WVE