Re: Mid Sussex Amateur Radio Groups - CORRECTION

M6IQW Dave <m6iqw@...>

I've not had any contact from the club's email system for ages. The new one apoears to be working so if possible, can we agree to go forward with this one?

On 21 October 2020 17:03:02 BST, M0WVE Mervyn <mervyn@...> wrote:
Gavin,
That is true about the old email group but we now have two MSARS groups setup on groups.io. The one Bernie setup for us during the summer and a new one that has just appeared

Both groups should work reliably now and I get email from both.

My point is why was a second groups.io setup recently which confuses things?

Merv

On 21 Oct 2020, at 14:44, G6DGK Gavin via groups.io <gavin.keegan@...> wrote:

Dear Mervyn & All,

The 'old' email system did not work properly for some obscure reason - it was suspected that this might have been due to some members using talk talk as their internet provider, but this claim proved to be untrue. I suggested the move to the 'groups.io' because the Worthing club had experienced similar problems to MSARS originally, but the move to 'groups.io' seemed to cure these problems.

I don't know whether the MSARS intend to cancel the original group email or to run both systems at the same time - perhaps the Committee would advise all members of the future intention.

73,

Gavin

0 14:16, M0WVE Mervyn wrote:
Correction msarsmembers@groups.io and Msars@groups.io

On 21 Oct 2020, at 14:15, M0WVE Mervyn <mervyn@...> wrote:

So we now have two Io groups on the go

msarsmembers@groups.io and Msars@groups.

I guess we must now post our emails to both groups until it is decided which one is to be deleted?

Still a confused Merv - M0WVE

You automatically follow any topics you start or reply to.
View/Reply Online (#23): https://groups.io/g/Msars/message/23
Group Owner: Msars+owner@groups.io

www.qrz.com/db/M6IQW