Re: Mid Sussex Amateur Radio Groups - CORRECTION

G1TDL Mike

I set up two io groups to transfer members from the two msars.org.uk groups that I ran.
This was to give members a more reliable service.

/\/\ike G1TDL
The Homestead
Burgess Hill
RH15 0RQ

On 21 Oct 2020, at 20:05, M0XYF Berni <msars@mailfeeder.co.uk> wrote:

Merv,

I don't know why a second groups.io group was set up. Nobody seemed interested at the time I set up the first group, but for whatever reason the new group has way more members, so I'll shut the original group down.

I tried to help out, but to no avail. As long as it's sorted that's all that matters. At least it'll save me the admin overhead.

Berni M0XYF

On 21/10/2020 17:03, M0WVE Mervyn wrote:
Gavin,
That is true about the old email group but we now have two MSARS groups setup on groups.io. The one Bernie setup for us during the summer and a new one that has just appeared

Both groups should work reliably now and I get email from both.

My point is why was a second groups.io setup recently which confuses things?

Merv

On 21 Oct 2020, at 14:44, G6DGK Gavin via groups.io <gavin.keegan=tiscali.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Dear Mervyn & All,

The 'old' email system did not work properly for some obscure reason - it was suspected that this might have been due to some members using talk talk as their internet provider, but this claim proved to be untrue. I suggested the move to the 'groups.io' because the Worthing club had experienced similar problems to MSARS originally, but the move to 'groups.io' seemed to cure these problems.

I don't know whether the MSARS intend to cancel the original group email or to run both systems at the same time - perhaps the Committee would advise all members of the future intention.

73,

Gavin

0 14:16, M0WVE Mervyn wrote:
Correction msarsmembers@groups.io and Msars@groups.io

On 21 Oct 2020, at 14:15, M0WVE Mervyn <mervyn@westvieweast.com> wrote:
So we now have two Io groups on the go

msarsmembers@groups.io and Msars@groups.

I guess we must now post our emails to both groups until it is decided which one is to be deleted?

Still a confused Merv - M0WVE