From: Msars@groups.io <Msars@groups.io> On Behalf Of G8JBJ John
Sent: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 1:08 PM
To: Msars@groups.io
Subject: [Msars] Ofcom's EMF consultation

Phil, Merv, you beat me to it. Sending now anyway...

Hi, I just wondered if anyone has read the consultation and responses? I was prompted by the article in this month's RadCom.

The consultation responses and a statement are at https://www.ofcom.org.uk/consultations-and-statements/category-1/limiting-exposure-to-emf. I notice this is dated October 2020, and I haven't looked for anything more recent.

It seems generally all benign - though I do need to give it a second read and follow the RadCom series. I guess RSGB expect that most of us will be able to compare our installations with their standard configurations (Stage 1 in the article), and tick the box.

If I'm interpreting right, 500 Watts at HF needs a safety distance of 7 metres from the antenna. The important point from the consultation is that Ofcom has rejected the argument that family can be excluded since they can be told not to go close. Interesting seeing the arguments.

Anyway, no issue at this QTH, but I do wonder what would have happened in Newick, where my neighbours would have come routinely within 7m of the ends of the doublet. I'm sure I've contributed on occasion to their barbecue cooking. Here, I've already warned Sue not to go into the bottom 2m of the polytunnel!!

What does anyone else think? Anyone with problems complying?

73s,

John GM8JBJ

John Berry

Mob. 07553 250 919

Willowburn, Kirkton, Hawick, Scottish Borders, TD9 8QJ