Travel to Morelia today - don't go

Shauna Spencer

Report from Chuck & David on the road: Heavily blocked, cars being towed away.

John Ryan <johnar_1@...>

We came to Morelia from Pátzcuaro on Tuesday and there was a group of people collecting money then further down the road was a police checkpoint. We got wave through, but a lot of other cars we're being pulled over. Is this associated to either of these? I'm glad We traveled then and not today.

Bernard Wasow

A couple of years ago (three, COVID?) we were pulled over by the police on our way to Morelia from Patzcuaro.  They had pulled over a number of other vehicles.  They told us we had broken some law (I don't remember which law) and said we should settle it by paying the $500 peso fine on the spot.  I said I did not want that resolution and said they should write me a ticket.  After some more back-and-forth (polite) they sent me on my way.  No ticket.
I do not know if what we did was smart, but that time, it worked.  Needless to say, I suppose, I think it was a shakedown.
Bernard

From: MichoacanNet@groups.io <MichoacanNet@groups.io> on behalf of John Ryan via groups.io <johnar_1@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2022 1:32 PM
To: MichoacanNet@groups.io <MichoacanNet@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [The Michoacan Net] Travel to Morelia today - don't go

We came to Morelia from Pátzcuaro on Tuesday and there was a group of people collecting money then further down the road was a police checkpoint. We got wave through, but a lot of other cars we're being pulled over. Is this associated to either of these? I'm glad We traveled then and not today.

Kevin Hale

I am in Costco right now and had no problems getting here. They are patching the highway on both sides, so be prepared to slow down. Also, Costco is selling brags of russet potatoes!

On 2 Jun 2022, at 12:45 p.m., John Ryan via groups.io <johnar_1@...> wrote:

Kevin Hale

I apologize for not signing my message 
Kevin Hale

On 2 Jun 2022, at 1:57 p.m., Kevin Hale via groups.io <661khale@...> wrote:

I am in Costco right now and had no problems getting here. They are patching the highway on both sides, so be prepared to slow down. Also, Costco is selling brags of russet potatoes!

On 2 Jun 2022, at 12:45 p.m., John Ryan via groups.io <johnar_1@...> wrote: