Week 2 webinar and activities - overview #week2

Richard Smith

Today we had a webinar on Guiding teachers to select a topic and develop research questions - the recording is now available for those who couldn't make it. Thanks to Elizabeth Bekes for being our guest mentor this week. The recording link, and instructions for this week (week 2 of the EVO on 'Mentoring teacher-research') are below:

Week 2:  Jan. 19-25 – Developing topics and questions  / Webinar – Sun. 19 January, 14:30 (UTC)

Welcome to week 2!

  • Getting teachers interested in doing teacher-research
  • Helping teachers to select a topic
  • Guiding teachers to develop research questions

To do:

1. Watch the recording of webinar 2 if you couldn't be there 'live': http://iatefl.adobeconnect.com/p8bu48bi02xh/
2. Read chapters 7 to 8 of Mentoring teachers to research their classrooms - in the 'Files' area
3. Do the following activity - 'Identifying areas of uncertainty through mentoring dialogue' - in the 'Files' area
4. Mentor a particular teacher / colleague to select a topic relating to their current teaching, and guide them to develop research questions for teacher-research. [Ideally, record your conversation – with permission – and listen back to analyse and/or reflect on it]
5. Share and critically reflect on this experience, from any point of view you like, here: https://groups.io/g/Mentoring-TR/topic/week2_mentor_a_particular/69913093?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,69913093

[Our next webinar - on 'Supporting data collection, analysis and interpretation' - will be on Sunday 26 January at 14:30 UTC (find out what time this is where you are here), in the same Adobe Connect room as last time:  http://iatefl.adobeconnect.com/resigwebinars

Enter as a 'Guest' and write your full name]

[this information is copied from https://groups.io/g/Mentoring-TR/wiki/Week-2-%E2%80%93--starting-Jan.-19-%E2%80%93-Developing-topics-and-questions

Suchita

Dear Richard sir,
I couldn't see the link ofwebinar1 & 2 opening on my device. Can you please share one without Adobe connect? It seems not working on my device.
Warm regards,
Suchita

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 10:44 PM Richard Smith <r.c.smith@...> wrote:
[...]

Ravinarayan Chakrakodi

I too had a similar problem. The link is not opening.
Regards
Ravi

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 4:54 PM Suchita <srmahorkar@...> wrote:
[...]

Sorry if you can't see the recordings of our webinars (week 1 recording here - http://iatefl.adobeconnect.com/p3hu93c960jw/
- and week 2 recording here - http://iatefl.adobeconnect.com/p8bu48bi02xh/)
I have no way of putting these into a different form at present. The only thing I can suggest for the moment is to try watching on a different device if you can.

eld@...

For your information:
The person who manages Adobe Connect webinars can export the recordings to a video format:
https://byu-idaho.screenstepslive.com/s/14177/m/55347/l/774552-how-to-save-adobe-connect-files-as-a-video
Arnold

Richard Smith

Thank you Arnold - very useful, I'll try it soon
Richard