Re: Action Research Article from Ecuador

Elizabeth Bekes

Dear Ravi,

That is kind. In that article I will be reflecting on a special aspect of mentoring, namely, supporting non-native speaker novice authors in the write-up phase. It's a delicate but rewarding part of Action Reseach.

I will let you have the draft as soon as I can.

Thank you,

Elizabeth

On Friday, 3 July 2020, 05:35:43 GMT-5, Ravinarayan Chakrakodi <ravirie@...> wrote:

Dear Elizabeth
I am interested in looking at your paper on mentoring teacher researchers. I will be able to share my comments on that.
Best regards
Ravi
Ravinarayan Chakrakodi
Regional Institute of English

Jnanabharathi Campus, Bangalore – 560 056

www.riesielt.org

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 9:56 PM Elizabeth Bekes via groups.io <ebekes=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Dear Abdulsamad,

In fact, we need to submit the teacher researcher's article by mid-July, so I won't inconvenience you. However, I am writing a much shorter piece for ELT Research (2000 words) on mentoring teacher-researchers in the write-up phase. The deadline for that is the end of July, so if you feel like you are prepared to have a look at that one, I could possibly send you the draft manuscript around the 24th July the latest.

Please feel free to say 'no', these are complicated times for all of us.

Thank you for getting in touch, be well, stay safe,

Elizabeth

On Thursday, 2 July 2020, 10:44:19 GMT-5, Abdulsamad Humaidan <humaidanabdulsamad@...> wrote:

Thank you Elizabeth for reaching out! It is my pleasure to help! 
Would August 02 be feasible for you both to have the review back? If yes, I would appreciate a friendly reminder in two weeks from now because it is summer and I am teaching 3 hours, five days a week. 

Sincerely,

Abdulsamad Humaidan   
Doctoral Candidate 
Language, Literacies & Culture/TESOL

ESL Instructor
CENTER FOR ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE
1000 FANER DRIVE
FANER HALL, ROOM 3225
MAIL CODE 4518
SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY
CARBONDALE, ILLINOIS 62901
USA

From: Mentoring-TR@groups.io <Mentoring-TR@groups.io> on behalf of Elizabeth Bekes via groups.io <ebekes=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2020 10:38 AM
To: Mentoring-TR@groups.io <Mentoring-TR@groups.io>
Subject: [Mentoring-TR EVO2020] Action Research Article from Ecuador

[EXTERNAL EMAIL ALERT]: Verify sender before opening links or attachments.

Dear All,

We have just finished writing up an article on a recent experience of ours involving vocabulary acquisition and cooperative learning. The co-authors are three Ecuadorian teacher researchers. We will be submitting the manuscript officially to a journal that is publishing a special issue on account of the unprecedented circumstances in which we are finding ourselves.

Without wanting to impose, if you had the time to have a read and comment on the manuscript, my mentees (and I) would be very grateful, but please don't feel obliged. All of us are under enormous pressure and time is precious.

Best wishes to all of you, I miss this community,

Elizabeth

Join Mentoring-TR@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.