Re: #week2 When should a mentor of teacher-research be directive, if at all? #week2

SIDNEY MARTIN MOTA

I think that mentors should be directive when things start to go sideways, but without being too obvious that you are being directive (we could  sugarcoat it a little : )
I don't know if you understand what I am trying to say. It is true that mentors should be taking the leader role but I would try to avoid being TOO directive as much as possible. So I would try to avoid situations leading to mentors being too directive by giving clear instructions, having a fluent dialogue and so on.

Join Mentoring-TR@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.