Re: #week2 When should a mentor of teacher-research be directive, if at all? #week2

Rossana Piccini

This is a good question. Whether it is justified or not, I can think of cases in which it seems that being directive actually helps:
> when teachers lack confidence or agency, whether due to lack of experience or because their development towards autonomy has been somehow thwarted... In this case they might need a little 'push' as they are not used to 'thinking by themselves'.
> when teachers get stuck and don't seem to get anywhere
> when there are deadlines to be met and/or in order to stop teachers from dropping out...
It bothers me too. Collegiality and self-directedness might need to be taught
(I think I've got something about this- I'll come back later!)

Join Mentoring-TR@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.