#week2 When should a mentor of teacher-research be directive, if at all? #week2

Richard Smith

Edited

Just a reminder that the activities for this week in our EVO are here:
https://groups.io/g/Mentoring-TR/wiki/Week-2-%E2%80%93--starting-Jan.-19-%E2%80%93-Developing-topics-and-questions

It may be that you're not currently mentoring anyone to do teacher-research, and/or have already moved beyond the stage of  'deciding on a topic / research questions' and/or at the present time can't find someone to have a mentoring dialogue like that in the 'Files' section ('Identifying areas of uncertainty through mentoring dialogue').

If so, you may find the following question more relevant to comment on - it's one that bothers me sometimes:

'Are there times, in your experience, when it is good to be directive - though not necessarily judgmental - when mentoring teacher-research, and for what reasons / on what occasions?'

Join Mentoring-TR@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.