Topics

Yellow-breasted Chat, Ten Mile River area

Lisa D. Walker, (Feather Forestwalker)

This morning I got a recording of a bird that was singing some very odd,
funny songs in the bushes along the river. He never showed himself, but
when I compared my recording to that of a Yellow-breasted Chat after
someone on the ABA What's This Bird? Facebook page suggested that species,
it matches. I think I have only ever seen ONE Yellow-breasted Chat in my
life here on the Mendocino coast. I hope he sticks around. If anyone wants
the recording, it's a cruddy video but the sound seems good. E mail me and
I will send you the video clip that is just under a minute long.

Lisa D Walker-Roseman, Fort Bragg-Cleone